First cricket match

HEAPS GOOD !!!

Well our lil man had his first game o cricket yesterday....

He is only 7 and played for Aldinga under 12's.....they only had 5 men turn up so Port Elliott Cricket Club under 12's kindly donated some players to make it an even game.

Seb took 2 wickets and stopped heaps of runs in the field...then when he came to bat he took a couple of balls to his head gear...one on the arm....and banged 9 runs....

He ended up as man of the Match..and got the match ball....how pleased was Seb....about half as pleased as we were i reckon.

He even took the ball to bed with him so he could dream about it.

i ended up umpiring in innings which in itself was very entertaining.

Anyone who has any kids who wanna play cricket we have training on tuesdays @ Aldinga Oval aka Shark Park....PM me if interested...

HG

Aww that's sweet - the Adelaide Oval run great kids coaching sessions during the holidays, well worth looking into for future years if he's stll keen. Try and put him off when he gets to around 13 though, or you'll find you don't have any weekend left!

We did all that for the daughter back in the UK she was on the England pathway for Girls Rugby Union....training 3 times a week and games all weekend driving all over the place....she dnt do anything now living in Melly

Get him in the australian test side batting at No3 or 4

stevo

Great idea maybe i should Mr Hilditch a call at Cricket Australia....lol

He's done very well, keep him interested and keep it fun........... but which country will he play for when he gets older?

Green and gold mate...he sleeps with his ball and says he dreams about winning the Ashes for Australia.....

HG

Get him in the australian test side batting at No3 or 4

stevo

Sounds like he is too good to play for Oz. :P:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Nice one Martin. Might bring Jack down. Sounds good.

Pete