Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest7008

Metal Machinists

Guest guest7008

Hi there, we are family hoping to migrate late 2011/2012, are there any Metal Machinists out there?? Hoping to try find out what the work situ is etc. many thanks and cheers The Rimmers:biglaugh:

Guest tinkham_lee

I'm a CNC metal machinist, there isn't a great deal of work down south, but there seems to be a few ads in the paper for work north of the city.

hope that helps a bit.

Guest kangomik

try using AllJobs.com.au - Search for Jobs in Australia or seek. You won't know the suburbs, and you could get confused trying to search them all, but use this as a guide to how many jobs are available.

It's a little quiet at the moment because of Christmas, but will pick up soon as many people move around.

If your going to try applying for jobs while still in the UK don not be surprised if you get ZERO response. There are too many over sea's applicants.

I did find that once i had the flights booked and could give them dates that i was in Aus this did help, but the application process is different over here. I find more emphasis is on the covering letter than on the C.V (resume). So the covering letter has to be more in depth than those in the UK.