Guest guest7008

Ss sa - why we want to go to sa

Guest guest7008

Hi, am in process of drafting our letter to SA for our SS, we kinda guess this quite important and needs to say all the right things...can anyone help?? What needs to really go in there? What do they WANT to hear from us...i do not want to ramble on and they fall asleep reading it...but know it needs to contain lots of important info...any help/suggestions would be wonderful...Many thanks to you all that have help us with this process so far!:chatterbox::goofy:

Guest Guest6899
    Hi, am in process of drafting our letter to SA for our SS, we kinda guess this quite important and needs to say all the right things...can anyone help?? What needs to really go in there? What do they WANT to hear from us...i do not want to ramble on and they fall asleep reading it...but know it needs to contain lots of important info...any help/suggestions would be wonderful...Many thanks to you all that have help us with this process so far!:chatterbox::goofy:

Hi we found a goverment website that stated all the positives of living in SA. Eg, weather, good schooling, job opportunities, housing, up and coming areas etc. Dont know if it will be good enough... will wait and see.

Lisa

Guest The Dimmocks

We wrote abit about why we chose SA over all the other states. If I found a quote on a website I listed the quote so they knew we had researched lots of websites or quoted books.

We then picked an area off the map and researched it as much as possible and wrote all the stuff that appealed to us as a family and as a family would need eg how many docs surgerys, hospital, schools, parks etc. I picked Woodcroft off the map and when we got here we had a drive down, we now live on boarder of woodcroft and our daughter now attends Woodcroft Primary.

Not sure what the word limit was but we wrote 529 words which was nearly an A4 page full, it was enough but not over the top.

Good luck on your application.

Guest guest3462

We were already living in SA at the time of our application so we wrote how well we had settled into our chosen suburb, that the children attended local Kindy, and we got letters from Kindy to back it up. We also had work which for my husband was very easy to find and got employers references We also said how positive our lifestyle had become as we enjoyed such an outdoor lifestyle and enjoyed the beaches, vinyards, bush and hills aspect of the state. We went on a bit about travelling in the state and visiting different parts away from the city and how friendly and welcoming the Aussies were. Then we moved onto how and where we built our house near the beach and we were really happy here bla blah blah, you kinda get the drift! The biggest thing we went on about was the family friendliness of the city and the state and that we felt very safe bringing our children up here. Basically we just kissed ass on any topic we could think of and gave them an extends version of what we do actually find to be true! Hope this helps!!!

Guest Zoot

basically take what is said about the state and make it relevant to your family and your particular circumstances and give examples if possible e.g. you can live near the beach and houses are affordable which is good as your family are avid fishermen and do surfing.

The weather is good most of the year which allows your family to participate in their favourite activities such as camping and mention places you are wanting to go camping

if you are into sports then mention sporting opportunities including anything special e.g. special merit programs for sport

housing affordability, size of city and suitability for a family (again relate it back to your specific circumstances)

schooling - quality of schooling and identify anything particularly that draws your attention

So not just a list of the attractions but the list of how those attractions combined are a draw card for you and your family. Even talk about job opportunities if that is particularly relevant