Guest tezza

Trams

Guest tezza

Hi we are looking to move over and my hubby would look at working at the ship yard in Osbourne, how far away is Woodville? Is it a nice place? Also is the tram service good? As he would use this for work if it was possible.

Thanks Tezza

Guest Guest5035

the tram will be no good for the osbourne area as it doesn't go that far.

stevo

Guest kangomik

To work at the ASC (sub corp - shipyard) you have to be a citizen, unless your lucky enough to get on through an agency. Almost all defence project work is the same.

There are some other places of work in that area that may be of interest.

Guest rachinadelaide
    To work at the ASC (sub corp - shipyard) you have to be a citizen, unless your lucky enough to get on through an agency. Almost all defence project work is the same.

There are some other places of work in that area that may be of interest.

My hubby was brought over from UK to work at ASC and his first 2 years there he was only PR and that was fine. They made sure he got citizenship as soon as he could though so he could get the next level of security clearance.

Guest Aussie pat

Another PIA member 'Julie Ruth' is married to someone who secured work at the site working on submarines. She may be able to give you some advice as it's been 2 years since she settled here. If I remember they rented at Semaphore for a while and then moved to Wynvale.