travelling to CBD to work

stringfellows

Guest matt gibbons

Hi you can get a book of tickets from the train station, I work in the city and sometimes drive or sometimes get the train,its $9.00 return per day,but you can get it cheaper if you buy a book,i only work 3 days a week so I don't find it that expensive.

there are no monthly tickets - you can get an all day ticket which allows you unlimited rides on bus, train, tram which is about $9 / day but if you are only going in to work and coming home and not riding around all over the place then it would be a better option to go with the 10 journey red ticket - allows you 2 hours of travel per trip (that is 2 hours from first validation to last validation but you dont have to have finished your journey in those 2 hours).

there are no monthly tickets - you can get an all day ticket which allows you unlimited rides on bus, train, tram which is about $9 / day but if you are only going in to work and coming home and not riding around all over the place then it would be a better option to go with the 10 journey red ticket - allows you 2 hours of travel per trip (that is 2 hours from first validation to last validation but you dont have to have finished your journey in those 2 hours).

...and you can also get a black multitrip ticket that is just for off-peak only (9:01 to 14:59 Mon - Fri).

Between 9:01 and 14:59 bicycles can be caried free of charge. During other times they'll need their own ticket.

See here for the full story

Guest the4hopes
O.K,i need to be at work for 8.30 am and I leave at 5pm.4 days a week.i won't use public transport any other time.Which would be my best option?Thankyou.Sharon

Red, any time, multi trip ticket 10 trips for $30, you can do as many trips as you like in 2 hours from time of first trip. It's always a good idea to have a spare as they do go wrong if they do you have a ticket written out by bus driver to use for the rest of the day, but you need to get a replacement ticket before the next day. Only from city office and some train stations.

Guest guest7049
Red, any time, multi trip ticket 10 trips for $30, you can do as many trips as you like in 2 hours from time of first trip. It's always a good idea to have a spare as they do go wrong if they do you have a ticket written out by bus driver to use for the rest of the day, but you need to get a replacement ticket before the next day. Only from city office and some train stations.

Hi so this ticket would cover me for a week Mon-Fri commuting to and from the CBD? Not sure where we would be living yet but is there a distance away from the CBD this covers you for for instance if I lived in Seaford rise is that ticket valid?

Thanks

Hi so this ticket would cover me for a week Mon-Fri commuting to and from the CBD? Not sure where we would be living yet but is there a distance away from the CBD this covers you for for instance if I lived in Seaford rise is that ticket valid?

Thanks

You'd have a fair walk to the train station if you lived in Seaford Rise. :biglaugh:

It covers you for 2 hours from when the ticket is validated, so basically you can travel as much as you want on the ticket within 2 hours.

I can pop from Hallett Cove, down to Noarlunga to pop to the shopping centre, and back again on 1 ticket if I'm in a hurry.

Guest guest7049
You'd have a fair walk to the train station if you lived in Seaford Rise. :biglaugh:

It covers you for 2 hours from when the ticket is validated, so basically you can travel as much as you want on the ticket within 2 hours.

I can pop from Hallett Cove, down to Noarlunga to pop to the shopping centre, and back again on 1 ticket if I'm in a hurry.

LOL seaford rise was just an example as somewhere pretty far down south, no idea where we'll end up until we get her indoors a job don't think she could handle a long commute!

Guest cornish Busdriver

To be honest i wouldnt trust or relay the the public transport and get your own tranport.

I know i drive it lol lol lol

The Noarlunga train line is gonna be ripped up this year and buses are going to be relplacing trains for about 9 month they think and will probally add around 20 minutes to the journey each way plus also depends on the traffic and the old artic buses not breaking down that southlink will be usin.

However if you are still thinking about public transport then go for the all day ticket $8.60 which can be used with all bus companys, trains and trams.

Guest guest7049
To be honest i wouldnt trust or relay the the public transport and get your own tranport.

I know i drive it lol lol lol

The Noarlunga train line is gonna be ripped up this year and buses are going to be relplacing trains for about 9 month they think and will probally add around 20 minutes to the journey each way plus also depends on the traffic and the old artic buses not breaking down that southlink will be usin.

However if you are still thinking about public transport then go for the all day ticket $8.60 which can be used with all bus companys, trains and trams.

LOL at least your honest, it will be about 12 months until we get out there so hopefully just in time for all the work to be finished............is the work being down to improve the service?

Disagree. Commuting to and from the CBD 4 times a week on all-day tickets will cost $34.40 whereas a 10-trip ticket will cost $30. To buy the all-day tickets is therefore utterly illogical unless you'll additionally be using public transport during the day as well. Seaford to the CBD is easily doable in the two hours you'll have available on each validation

Bear in mind also that trams between north and south terrace are free.

the 10 trip works fine if you are just going in to work and going home - it is 2 hours from the time of your first validation to the time of your last validation (not the end of your journey).

LOL at least your honest, it will be about 12 months until we get out there so hopefully just in time for all the work to be finished............is the work being down to improve the service?

I believe they're also in the process of extending the train line down to Seaford.

That sucks about replacing the trains with buses, will lengthen my commute. I'm not paying to park in the CBD.