Anyone in dorset/hampshire uk - migrating??

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

Hi, just wondering if there any of you out there from Dorset/Hampshire who are undergoing the very stressful visa process??? We have just started the journey, TRA skills sent, just waiting for them back, then onwards and forwards....OH is a Metal Machinist, applying 176 SS hoping to be out there sometime 2012 be nice to keep other going on the journey...................:biglaugh::daydreaming:

Guest guest7008

HELLO!!! We are in Barton on Sea, I am a stay at home mum (on Maternity leave) OH is a metal machinist, we are just waiting for TRA skills to be assesed then can apply for SS, we are hoping to go South of Adelaide, been researching and researching etc and have found 2 lovely places, Happy Valley and Woodcroft but also Hallet Cove, schools are good (according to their reports!) Housing is great and affordable and near to beaches, shops etc, I seem to spend my life researching SA, needed to have loads of info for letter to SA for the SS so been full on looking at everything!! Brain is soon going to explode I Think!!! How is your process going?? Helen

Guest littlem

Hi Helen,

We have just lodged our app for adelaide ss. We originally applied to wa back in 2009 but are not on the smp so have had to start all over again, very stressfull and expensive, but hope to be there one day soon.

Adelaide looks beautiful, we have an idea for Hallet Cove, very resonable houses etc. I like the area, good schools etc etc, i know what you mean about overloading the brain, there is just so much information to take on board.

Michelle

Guest guest7008

Hi there, glad things are moving along for you, a quick question if you don't mind(?) when you sent your appliation to SA for SS with regard to the financial bit, what where they asking for in regards of money/assets etc and did you have to actually prove you had the cash in the bank?? Hope you not mind me asking but have looked into this and so many people have come back with different answers!! As you have applied recently what did you have to do?? Cheers Helen

Guest littlem

Hi Helen

For the financial bit you just need to say how much you will have when arriving in Adelaide. We did not have to prove anything, i think it is $40000 for a family of 4. If there is anything i can help with just ask.

Michelle

Guest guest7008

ah thanks so much for that, someone said earlier that we would need to prove that we have 20000 australia dollars!! Had a heart attack as all our savings are going on the actual visa process itself!! Obviously when we sell our house etc we be loaded (for a while...till I spend it all!!) so feel a tad better now!! Was thinking I gonna have to go rob the local bank tomorrow!! Thanks again, are you ilocal(ish) to us then? I am so excited about it...just want to go tomorrow!!!! Cheers again Helen

Guest guest7008

Hi sorry to bother you again!! Did you have to send off copy bank statements/mortgage statements/deeds to house etc? Or was just a case of filling in pro-forma and signing? Many thanks again...Helen

Guest Lynda&Adam

Hi there

We are from Dorset (Wimborne) just awaiting a CO, very hopeful it will be soon! Submitted 475 in Feb 2010, OH Building Associate. Any questions, feel free to PM me, Lynda

Guest littlem
Hi sorry to bother you again!! Did you have to send off copy bank statements/mortgage statements/deeds to house etc? Or was just a case of filling in pro-forma and signing? Many thanks again...Helen

Hi Helen it was just a box on the online ss form, don't need to show any proof at this stage, they just say when you arrive they can double check :-))

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rkerrison

Hi Helen

We are starting the process also, so excited but know its a long process. We have 3 girls 8, 5 and 3. Hubby and I both teachers.

I've done lots of research and feel same areas as you woodcroft etc would really suit us.

Just sending off hubby's skills assessment at the mo, got a grat agent. Hoping to get out end of next year for a xmas in the sun!!!! Got it all planned!!!!

Keep in touch, who knows may meet one day on other side of the world!!!!!

Beckyx

Guest guest7008

Hi, yes it is soooooo exciting, drives you kinda crazy tho!! We are just waiting for our skills to come back then we can apply for State Sponsorship, also hoping to be out there sometime next year! Definately keep in touch, be nice to have friends over there from here, if you know what i mean!! Pm if you like, that way we can keep in touch and also keep each going through this mad mad process!! Helen