JimandBarbinAus

How can i practice as a nurse in SA?

Hi, we've just been granted our 176 visa on the basis of myself as a qualified nurse. Up to the present stage I have been through the ANMC skills assesment up to the point of visa granted, how would I go about registering in order to practice in Adelaide? E.g in uk you register with NMC is there an ozzie equivalent and how would I go about it??? We are looking to move Nov 2012. Hope you can help???:huh:

Guest darlo 2 adelaide
    Hi, we've just been granted our 176 visa on the basis of myself as a qualified nurse. Up to the present stage I have been through the ANMC skills assesment up to the point of visa granted, how would I go about registering in order to practice in Adelaide? E.g in uk you register with NMC is there an ozzie equivalent and how would I go about it??? We are looking to move Nov 2012. Hope you can help???:huh:

Hi

The registartion process is through the AHPRA (if you google it it will come right up). Its a yearly registration (like the uk now i believe) and they require various bits of info (see website for exact details) but as far as i can remember a transcript form you uni so they can work pout the translation to study hours the australian nurses need to gian their qualification, and ofcourse signed declarations you've been practising for certain periods and your skills. this takes a godd few weeks mind. Good luck!