Willber

before/after school clubs

Hi everyone,

We're flying out to Adelaide on the 1st May, so as that's only 3 1/2 months away, we've started to look for work. I was contemplating working full time, which is fine here in the UK with the support of family and friends to take care of our young children, but in Adelaide we won't have anyone initially. With this in mind, can anyone advise on the before/after school care and nurseries in Port Noarlunga? I have a 7 and 3 year old.

Thanks in advance

Ali :)

My children have just started going to Christies Beach children's centre

Christies Beach Children's Centre & Kindergarten - mychild.gov.au

which is just round the corner and the staff are fab and they do a bus service to the local kindy at Port Noarlunga so rap round for you youngest once at kindy will be fine.

Port Noarlunga school also runs an OHSC too so you should be covered for both children.

Good luck and if you need a hand once you get here with anything just shout up

Guest ctomo808

Hi there,

My eldest is 6 and goes to OSCH, before and after school, thats around $150 per week, and my youngest is 3 and goes to Day Care which is $350 per week.

Hope thats helps, they both love it!!:cute:

Guest Lisado

Hi

It was my biggest concern not having family support to look after the kids when we were here. Mine go to OSCH at Port Noarlunga. it is expensive for both morning and afternoon, especially as sometimes they are there for just an hour, you still pay the full amount. Vac care is also expensive but that is because we don't qualify for reductions until we get PR.

That aside, the kids love it and often want to go to vac care on days when I have time off and then get moaned at, as they go to the movies, dolphin trips, fishing, theatre days etc.

Staff are also nice and I never have a concern when the kids are there. My youngest one has severe peanut allergy but the director has banned all nut products anyway and is really clued up on things like that, so another stressful thing we don't need to worry about.

Lisa

Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply, it's great to hear that the OSCH is good at Port Noarlunga, do you mind my asking how much it costs per session? I'm not sure what Vac is, can you explain?

Do you live in Port Noarlunga then?

Cheers

Ali

Hi

It was my biggest concern not having family support to look after the kids when we were here. Mine go to OSCH at Port Noarlunga. it is expensive for both morning and afternoon, especially as sometimes they are there for just an hour, you still pay the full amount. Vac care is also expensive but that is because we don't qualify for reductions until we get PR.

That aside, the kids love it and often want to go to vac care on days when I have time off and then get moaned at, as they go to the movies, dolphin trips, fishing, theatre days etc.

Staff are also nice and I never have a concern when the kids are there. My youngest one has severe peanut allergy but the director has banned all nut products anyway and is really clued up on things like that, so another stressful thing we don't need to worry about.

Lisa

Hiya, thanks for this, do your kids go full time?

Cheers

Ali

Hi there,

My eldest is 6 and goes to OSCH, before and after school, thats around $150 per week, and my youngest is 3 and goes to Day Care which is $350 per week.

Hope thats helps, they both love it!!:cute:

Guest Lisado
    Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply, it's great to hear that the OSCH is good at Port Noarlunga, do you mind my asking how much it costs per session? I'm not sure what Vac is, can you explain?

Do you live in Port Noarlunga then?

Cheers

Ali

Hello

We live in Moana but kids go to PNPS. After school care costs $20 per child and morning $13 per child. Really steep I think as I know some places charge per hour which is better. So if you collect kids at 4pm - at PNPS you still pay the full amount. Vac care is when the kids go during the holidays, its $46 each per day -but the activities are good and kids love it. Also breakfast and light tea is provided as well for the kids and its all homemade and you can see the director cooking first thing when you go.

As we don't have PR we don't qualify for any discounts for childcare fees.

Lisa

Lisa