Guest jen&ian

Our first Week in Adelaide

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

Well today is tge end of our first week in adelaide, it's been very hectic and we've still got loads to do! The first day I have to be honest was awfull and if someone had handed me a ticket to UK i would probably have taken it, but with hindsight that was more to do with having had little or no sleep for two nights on the way over than anything else. The jet lag has been loads better than I thought it would be, we kept us and kids going till about 6:30 pm on the first day and since then have been OK.

Since getting here we have been busy sorting out furniture for our house (which has turned out great by the way!) We have got a car and as you can tell by the fact that I've turned up again we have internet connection, although that's a story on its own we ended up having to go with bigpond wireless as there were no ports for anything else at our exchange.

We are beginning to get used to our surroundings it's very different but everyone we have met so far has been friendly and helpful, some guy, suited & booted for work ,in Adelaide saw us looking at a map trying to figure out how to get to our bank stopped to help us we didn't ask him, he just came over! can you imagine that happening in the centre of London?

Our mission for next week is to get our oldest sorted out with a school. Sorry if that was a bit rambling I'm still a bit spaced out I think, I'll try to compose somthing a bit more organised as far as first impressions goes for next time.

Jen:cute:

Guest The Wright Move

Ian and Jen,

Welcome to Adelaide, We have been here for 7 years and I still remember the first week as if it was yesterday. I am sure things will settle down now that the car / house have been sorted out.

I work all over SA so if you need any help advice let me know.

Jim

Guest mOZzy

just ramble on and on and one ... :cute:

we like those posts!

glad you are settling in nicely and good to hear that the people are really that friendly!

i hope the stress settles down for you soon :)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Hello and welcome to ADL jen and ian, it seems like an up hill struggle for a while, but things soon start to calm down, where abouts are you?

sarah

Hi Guys

We have been here a week like you guys and after the initial 'oh my gosh - what have we done moments' things seem to be settling down again. We have enrolled our eldest who is 5 (nearly 6) into Seaford K7 - he starts on Monday and is really looking forward to it. The blue skies certainly make a difference (the rain and cold weather didn't help when we first arrived!). We are going to the Christmas Paegent tomorrow - should be good. If you fancy meeting up for a coffee or something let me know. I am in Morphett Vale at the moment but we have a rental in Seaford Rise from the 23rd.

Lindsey;)

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

Pleased you over there and all ok. Sure things will settle down for you soon. Keep the posts coming, we need all the info we can get!

Sarah

Guest jen&ian

Thanks for all the messages, we had a nice night over at our neighbours house the other night so things are looking good.

Hi Lindsey, we are just over from you at Moana, Seaford K7 is one of the schools we are going to look at tommorrow, hope to have him back in school asap as he really needs a bit of structure again after the last few weeks of madness!

See you,

Jen;)

HI Jen - been thinking about you all the last week - wondering how youre getting on. We did say we would pop over - but I know what its like the first week , so decided to hold off.

We would love to see you all - give me a call as soon as your ready to meet

sarahx