Certifying documents

Guest vicky_1970

Guest vicky_1970

Help I'm confused with who needs to certify my documents !!

I am in the process of completing my skills assessment and would like to clarify who in the UK must sign my documents please ? I work for the police so hoped it would be a police officer (easy access and free !!) but have read that it needs to be someone of a legal background e.g. solicitor, magistrate, jp etc.

I would also be grateful if you could advise at this stage what docs will be required to be certified later in the process (visa application) to save me having to pay ?? twice.

Thanks for your help (again!!)

Guest maybeoz

I am in the process of completing my skills assessment and would like to clarify who in the UK must sign my documents please ? I work for the police so hoped it would be a police officer (easy access and free !!) but have read that it needs to be someone of a legal background e.g. solicitor, magistrate, jp etc.

I would also be grateful if you could advise at this stage what docs will be required to be certified later in the process (visa application) to save me having to pay ?? twice.

We used a JP for the TRA section of the process and then a Magistrate when it came to the visa papers, thankfully both of these peeps are friends of ours so it only cost us a few drinks!

K

Hi!

When we did our skills assessment last year, we came across the same situation, we were very confused as who could certify? I "googled" all the solicitors in my area (Wigan) and then called every single one, explaining how many documents which would need certifying.

It was amazing how one solicitor quoted me £250, another £100 and at last we got a solicitor to do it for £35!!!! A massive difference!

We had around 100 documents and 3 statutory declarations to be signed/witnessed.

We had 50 doc's really but knew down the line for the Visa app they would be needed again so we got duplicates!

Hope this helps

Nat & Gaz

Guest vicky_1970

Thanks Nat and Gaz !!

The other thing I have read is that it's only certain docs that need certifying but I'm thinking it's easier (and safer) to get them all done in one go !! Like you say I'm also getting several copies of the same documents just in case I need them further down the road !!

I was a little unsure too on what needed certifying so I just got them all done. Its the best way! We only started this process last year....well started the research about 1 and a half ago so we know what your going through. The Skills assessment makes you realise the amount of work ahead of you so getting dups will make it a little easier!

Good Luck and let me know how you've got on

Nat & Gaz

Guest vicky_1970

I have just phoned round some solicitors today and one has quoted me £10 for 20-30 documents !! I'm trying to make sure I get everything done in one go if poss. Problem is I can't work out from the immigration website what docs i need to send with the final visa application - have you got this far and if so can you advise please ?

thanks

Vicky

I have just phoned round some solicitors today and one has quoted me £10 for 20-30 documents !! I'm trying to make sure I get everything done in one go if poss. Problem is I can't work out from the immigration website what docs i need to send with the final visa application - have you got this far and if so can you advise please ?

thanks

Vicky

Hi Vicky! That's a good quote! Go for it before they change there mind! lol

So that's one job off your list! I would just get a duplicate of the documents for the skills assessment firstly then once you receive a positive skills ass, start with the visa documents.

Its good to be organised in relation to documents but I found myself getting confused at the beginning of this process and I was thinking too far ahead, Once I realised to take one step at a time, things became a lot clearer in my head with regards to paperwork. So what I am trying to say is take one step at a time if it works for you. Honestly it feels so much better! I wanted to do everything at once but you just cant do it like that. Especially without an agent.

We have completed a positive skills assessment and now getting the docs together for the Sponsored State. We have a plan laid out for when we want the visa as we need to take into account the funds that are required for when we leave. So we are not going to submit the SS app until the end of feb. Once we have submitted the SA SS we will then start to gather the documents for the visa application as it can take up to 8 weeks for the sponsored state to comeback.

Whats your occupation and when are you wishing to go to South Australia?

Nat & Gaz

Guest vicky_1970

We've decided to do all this without an agent !!! Had a couple of quotes (v expensive) and waited ages for a reputable agent to come back (won't mention the name) and decided that seeing as you complete most of the paperwork yourself anyway...... Having said that I have contacted an agent in the Uk and got a quote for them to check skills assessment, state migration application and visa application - each for about £150. At least this way i am only committing a little bit at a time if it all goes pear shaped !!

At the moment I am a strategic planner and performance manager, and as for when we want to go - you could fly me there tomorrow ....

So nervous the rug may be pulled from under our feet.