Sallyh

If gardening is included in a lease...

What do you think the equivalent rent portion is for the gardening, where maintenance of garden inc mowing is included in a lease?

We are looking at a house today but considering offering the rent minus the gardening. Don't hold out a lot of hope for the success of that but in any event we don't want to pay the higher rent for something we can do ourselves. So they can take it or leave it, choose us or not.

So what do you think the gardening's worth? It's not a high maintenance property. Be grateful for urgent advice, thanks!

Will look forward to rescuing about your adventure in the rental Market. It is like you say their decision, maybe the landlord would consider the prospects that the new tenants bring.

Not sure the rental Market is that flat we can now reduce the price. Like I said look forward to hearing your experience in the rental Market

Good luck

Thanks. Yes well we were testing it and had a good application together so if it was the right one I am confident that would have worked out. But clearly the price of that house was indicative of the fact they expected students to split the rent 4 ways rather than because the house was worth the rent. Strange to then be so fussy about the garden! (inside was dirty, mould in the bathroom etc!). It's a decision we made on the facts at the time, and for a different house I might choose to offer more rather than less.