Nice places

Guest tezza

Guest kangomik

PR = Permanent Residency Visa.

Others a Temporary or State Sponsored ( which as i understand can be temporary)

If you come on a PR visa you get things like child allowance, and some other things. It's easier to get a mortgage and a car on finance.

I will call them TEMP visa's, temp visa's you struggle to gain certain benefits, and bank loans.

Once on PR, it takes you 4 years to then apply for citizenship, if on a temp visa you have to first apply (cost) for a PR visa and then wait the 4 years for citizenship.

If company sponsored on a temp visa and for some strange reason you no longer work for that company (they may sack you) there is a chance that you may have to leave the country within 28 days (this has happened)

If you tell a few white lies on your visa application and IMMI investigate, you may be asked to leave within 28 days (again this has happened)

Guest kangomik

No worries, time for bed here i think:biglaugh:

Hey don't give up, it's not easy. If it was everyone would be doing it!

As for quality of life for the kids, mine love it, and have come on leaps and bounds since being here, even if they are a little nervous about going to secondary school next week.

Guest Guest5035
Something else to consider is the big cruise ships comming to the area. The last time a huge gin palace came in the roads where blocked for hours.

There are two big cruise ships docking on the same day in February -

The last time a BIG cruise ship came in was the QV and the roads around the Outer Harbour were a bit chockers for a while, also in February there are 2 ships calling into Outer Harbour at the same time, the QM2 148,000 tonnes between 0800 and 13.15 and a baby ship called the Amadea 28,000 tonnes between 06.30 and 20.00. with the QM2 only being here a short time the roads will get chockers for a short while. Bear in mind we only get around a half dozen or so ships into adelaide of any decent size and they are only here 12 hours max, and i'm normally one of the people blocking the roads !!

Stevo

on PR, it takes you 4 years to then apply for citizenship, if on a temp visa you have to first apply (cost) for a PR visa and then wait the 4 years for citizenship.

If you arrive on a temp state skilled shortage visa (like us) 495 I think it was, its a 3 year temp visa (live for 2 year minimum work for 1 year minimum) After the 3 years you can apply for your permanent residence. Once you get your permanent residency you only have to wait a year before applying for citizenship So you have a total of 4 Years in Oz. Not sure if other temporary visas are different but the Total 4 year rule was confirmed to me this week by immigration. As we are applying shortly:jiggy:

Thanks

Kim

If you arrive on a temp state skilled shortage visa (like us) 495 I think it was, its a 3 year temp visa (live for 2 year minimum work for 1 year minimum) After the 3 years you can apply for your permanent residence.

If you're on a 495 you can apply for PR after two years, not three, as long as you meet the conditions (obviously!)

Jim

Guest kangomik

Thats great news to be able to get the visa quicker. this was however not the advice i got when we started the visa process a few years ago, Just goes to show how things change for the better.

I am right in thinking that you pay to change from temp to PR though?