ladycasper

UK TAX Demand

Hi fellow poms !

I would be really grateful if you financial wizards out there would help with some advise please.

If we received a letter with a fine for 100 pounds times 2 for not lodging a tax return fo April 2008, what can we do about it ?

This person is PAYE worked in UK April 2007 to Oct 2007 and left uk for europe for 1 year then onto Australia...

This is only for one of us and we are sure we advised them that we both left the the UK as one of us did get a tax rebate !!

Any advice please on what to do next ??

Guest vikkiann

Hi

We are still in uk at the moment but speaking from our experience with HMRC, they regularly issue £100 fines for not getting forms filed on timed. I usually write a letter appealing these fines, play dumb that i wasn't aware and they write back saying that i don't have to pay.

Hi

We are still in uk at the moment but speaking from our experience with HMRC, they regularly issue £100 fines for not getting forms filed on timed. I usually write a letter appealing these fines, play dumb that i wasn't aware and they write back saying that i don't have to pay.

Thanks vikkiann,

My husband did not earn enough in the years we left to pay tax...I dont understand them...I dont undertsant why we have to file a tax return if we were paye !! ??

bloody inalnd revenue...they wsant to spend time chasing the buggers who dont contribute not the people who have never claimed owt ppttfff