Guest Clarky

Class A Electrical Licence

Guest Clarky

Hi Everyone

We are now preparing to leave the Uk and wanted to ask advice about Class A licences. As far as I understand, when I get to Adelaide I need to present my ARTC to someone?? TRA possibly? and I can then obtain a Grade B licence. Once I have that I can enrol in college for a 12-14 week course to obtain a Grade A licence - is the right?

Could anyone advise where I have to go once I arrive to sort this out? And is my understanding correct?

And - yes I know you've heard this before - but is there work? I have looked on Seek.com, but mostly it doesn't give an idea about wages - any guidance would be great.

Cheers!

John & Trish

PS Haven't quite mastered how to say thanks etc and navigate the site properly yet - so bear with me!

Guest tooeasy

If you are doing it the old way not thro vettasses then when you arrive you need to go to either peer or tafe and do your electrical regulation course peer is the quickest way to do it 5 weeks 2 nights a week then the exam at the end once you have passed you need to take your certificate and your artc certificate to ocba which is in the city then fill in their forms and have id with you hand over your money then they will post out your electrical licence

hope this helps any questions feel free to ask

If you are doing it the old way not thro vettasses then when you arrive you need to go to either peer or tafe and do your electrical regulation course peer is the quickest way to do it 5 weeks 2 nights a week then the exam at the end once you have passed you need to take your certificate and your artc certificate to ocba which is in the city then fill in their forms and have id with you hand over your money then they will post out your electrical licence

Legend.....

HG

Guest stixblue

HI Tooeasy

Dont suppose you know the situation if you have OTSR through Vetassess and hold 176 visa do you.

Cheers Stixblue

Guest tooeasy

I'm not 100% up with this but I have been told that the veettasses way is you get a b grade licence then have to do 5 modules at tafe or peer and keep a log book of work you are doing whille you are working this is for 12 months I have been told this was from the lecturer at peer

hope this helps

Guest SeznDarbz

Hi mate

You just need to go to PEER or another training facility and do the wiring rules exam. If you contact them now you can do the course via correspondence, then you just have to attend PEER for two days to do the exam. Once you have the wiring rules certificate, you need to take that and the ARTC (which should have your aussie qualification on it e.g. Electrical Mechanic) to the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) in Adelaide city with money and ID, they will post the license.

Also while your at PEER they do the White card as well, you'll need that for most jobs its the health and safety ticket.

Rest assured there's plenty of work, just keep an open mind, its similar to the UK but not the same

Hope this helps

Guest stixblue
    Hi mate

You just need to go to PEER or another training facility and do the wiring rules exam. If you contact them now you can do the course via correspondence, then you just have to attend PEER for two days to do the exam. Once you have the wiring rules certificate, you need to take that and the ARTC (which should have your aussie qualification on it e.g. Electrical Mechanic) to the Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) in Adelaide city with money and ID, they will post the license.

Also while your at PEER they do the White card as well, you'll need that for most jobs its the health and safety ticket.

Rest assured there's plenty of work, just keep an open mind, its similar to the UK but not the same

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is getting my ARTC through TRA as Im not sure you can apply if you already hold an OTSR.

Cheers Stixblue

Guest weshardy5

hi, i have been looking at posts and i read of someone that once you get your vetasess and have your wiring rules, health and safety, then you apply to tra and get everything re assesed similar to vetasess , as long as you have your visa then you can get your a license in about 1-2 months.

i hope this is true, i have just started the prcess with vetasess. assesment for me in feb and all getting lodged after that.

i hope that what i have read is true cos 12 months of log books is the pits. been there done that etc.

wes hardy.

colne lancs uk.

hopefully adelaide area in about a year.

Guest mOZzy

dont' forget to keep all your receipts too - you can use them on your tax return :D