Visa for partner

andi

My sons 176 visa (family sponsor) was submitted in October, now case officer yet and he is coming out for a holiday in April.

He is hoping to make the move in a couple of years but can anyone tell me what is the best way to add his partner, should i try and do it now before a case officer is allocated (although not sure if they meet the critiera) or wait until he is ready to come out and can you then add her to the visa? (or the next girlfriend!!)

My sons 176 visa (family sponsor) was submitted in October, now case officer yet and he is coming out for a holiday in April.

He is hoping to make the move in a couple of years but can anyone tell me what is the best way to add his partner, should i try and do it now before a case officer is allocated (although not sure if they meet the critiera) or wait until he is ready to come out and can you then add her to the visa? (or the next girlfriend!!)

How long have they been together? As to be eligible to add onto the application (which has to be when submitted afaik) they would have to be able to prove they have been in a defacto relationship for at least 12 months before application. This would mean living together.

I am just going through the exact same thing. I had my 176 family sponsored visa granted in late 2008, and just after validating met my girlfriend (now fiancee). He won't be able to add her onto his visa, but will be able to sponsor her for a partner visa once they've lived together for at least 12 months or have planned to marry.

A possible route is for his girlfriend to come out on a WHV, and then submit an onshore application for a partner visa which takes about 6 months on average. Although they will have to prove they've lived together for 12 months at least, and that they are in a proper relationship and plan to stay together.

It's not easy, but it's possible.