Sign in to follow this  
Guest liquorice

update on Vatassess

Guest liquorice

Just to let anyone know who is interested that I've just received an email from Vatassess and their next practical ass (after the one in feb) is in April and is planned to take place in Preston;).

Vetassess :cute:

(Just don't want you making any mistake on your application!!)

That's good news for you right? You might be able to get in before the July deadline?!?!

Guest liquorice

I was hoping for that as its not looking good for us on the new point system :( but we need to apply for SS too so dont think we will make it.

Ive got it in my head we wont, don't want to get disappointed!!

Its my OH doing the assessment, so fingers crossed!

Guest JayandEm
    I was hoping for that as its not looking good for us on the new point system :( but we need to apply for SS too so dont think we will make it.

Ive got it in my head we wont, don't want to get disappointed!!

Its my OH doing the assessment, so fingers crossed!

My OH completed the online paperbased assessment for General Plumber on 5/10/10 and posted the documents off the day after and he received confirmation he had passed that part on 11/11/10 (that part of the assessment costs $600). He's now booked onto practical assessment on 21/2/11 which is $1,600. Has your OH started to gather the paperwork for the paper based assessment yet? If he hasn't he should probably start, we found it a pain getting all the necessary stuff together. The online assessment he did ended up around 16 pages long!! He got 4 references from previous employers/companies he had subcontracted to and he also took his camera to work every day and took photos of different jobs he was doing with before and after shots, lol!!. You have to submit copies of all this and your C&G or NVQ certificates and any licences or extra courses you've done and they all need to be certified "as a true copy of the original" which we did at a local solicitors. Have fun!!!

Guest liquorice

Thanks for that.

We havent started to gather any of the info yet, dont really know what we need apart from the info you have given me. If we really get stuck in I think maybe would got that that part done its just waiting for SS to get back intouch with us. Have you applied for SS?

Guest JayandEm
    Thanks for that.

We havent started to gather any of the info yet, dont really know what we need apart from the info you have given me. If we really get stuck in I think maybe would got that that part done its just waiting for SS to get back intouch with us. Have you applied for SS?

Not yet, I think you need to have passed the practical assessment before you can apply for the SS. Vetassess have said that they get back to you with the result within 10 days of doing the practical. The SA website have said that it takes about 8 weeks to obtain the SS as long as the application is complete. Have Vetassess given an exact date for the April assessment? If it's at the beginning of the month, it is tight, but there is still a chance you could be able to submit your visa application before 1 July - fingers crossed!

Guest liquorice

Yeah you do need to have done the assessment before applying for SS. My OH is speaking to an agent today to find out if its achievable.

My heads all over the place at the mo, so much to think about. I havent got a date but I will email my contact their to find out!

Guest ROBANDBETH

hi there .what is the 1ST of july deadline? we are hoping to be assessed in april too, why havent they put it up on their website yet? also, does anybody know how long you have to enter the country if you are successful with the state sponsorship? thanks