Scorcher

Guest Jo&Phil

Guest Jo&Phil

It's going to be very hot this weekend! :arghh:

39 deg C today and perhaps over 40 tomorrow. Yay!! Summer at last!

Seriously though ....... drink lots of fluids (water is actually quite good for this, although less fun that other alternatives) and slap on the sunscreen constantly if out and about ....... and don't leave animals outside (... children will probably be ok, joke!)(

Guest cornish Busdriver

39 to 40 is just nice for me.

Not too hot but hot enough to let ya know its summer at last.

For the new people here who's first summer this will be heres a lifesaver tip for you.

Any where you go out ALWAYS take a bottle of frozen water with you even if ya only out for 20 minutes.

Guest nakigirl

I'm currently in New Zealand and top temps for us are around 26 degrees with low humidity. How do you all cope with the summer temps? Do you find it restricting in spending time outside?

I love the heat but also love to be outside and it concerns me I may spend more time indoors with the air con on!

Also those of you with dogs, how do they cope in the Summer months?

Thanks in advance

Samantha

Guest Jo&Phil

I have always loved the warm weather so don't find it oppressive and it's a pretty dry heat here in Adelaide.

Air con in car and house is pretty important but generally we don't find it stops us from doing much. My Aussie husband is whinging a bit about going out today for lunch but as whinging is my cultural heritage (I'm the Pom) I've told him to 'toughen up princess'.

Our large dogs find the heat a bit much when it's 40 deg ......... indoors with the aircon is the go then

Our large dogs find the heat a bit much when it's 40 deg ......... indoors with the aircon is the go then

Second that - and walk them early in the day before it warms up. Plenty of water for humans and pets too. You can almost feel the moisture sucking out of you on days like this, and the pavements get extremely warm (my silly daughter went walking about no shoes on and got blisters on the soles of her feet!) so something else to consider when walking your dog.

Guest Guest5035

Shoes for dogs on hot days, there you Diane a money spinner. I'm hard at work today, and theres a feral cat here outside and over the past few weeks i've become its best mate feeding it, slowly but surely its becoming tame, but he's feeling the heat today.

Stevo

Guest Guest5035

i've set up a bird bath for the birds but the cat doesn't bother them, he just sits under the tree and occasionally pops over for a drink. The company had the pest control in and caught his brother and sister and the AWL put them to sleep, too wild to let live. But this ones a smart cookie, he sat outside the cage watching the ants eating the whiskas !! Hopefully i can tame him and make a good home for him, if my cat lets him in.

Stevo

Guest kangomik

heres the temps

Adelaide Weather & Temperature Chart

Prediction not far off, though it may just a get a little warmer.

Good point about the dogs, their pads do start to burn over 34- 36 degree, bearing in mind the floor is usually a lot hotter than the air temp.

If your working outside take water with you, I am lucky and get to fill bottles up at customers places, just over 6 litres on Friday, so maybe a bit more tomorrow.