Kacymru

New Welsh/ British girl in Adelaide

G'day ladies and gents!

My name's Karen and I've just come over to Adelaide 2 weeks ago - currently staying with my brother, his wife and their two kids (they emigrated over here 3 days before I arrived).

I'm only here on a 12 month work/ holiday visa, but who knows, I might like it enough to apply for permanent residency!!

I've not even met another person since being here and nor have I seen a bar (are there even any round here?!!?)...so if anyone's up for a glass of red or a cold beer then let me know :)

Cheers!

x

Welcome to the site Karen, and to Adelaide. There is quite a group of singles and others who meet up occasionally - keep an eye on the social section on here as they often post up details of where they are meeting and when, and it's the quickest way to meet people. Quite often there are several new people who go along knowing no-one, who are made welcome (as far as I can make out!)

It's a great time of year to be here too with the Adelaide Fringe Festival coming up, Adelaide Fringe 2011 Home and I think tomorrow if you or your rellies have access to a car it's the Crush Festival in the Adelaide Hills Crush 2011 - Sunday 30th January - Adelaide Hills Wine Festival

You may find tomorrow a little warm though (not just you - I think we all will!), so if you're out and about, make sure you put on plenty of suncream, drink plenty of water, and head for a shopping centre if you need to cool down (most shops don't open till 11 on Sundays though...and shut at 5!)

Guest Jay89

G'day Kazza! Welcome to Oz...

I'm only just up the road from Seaford, and will be moving down that way come March. So if anytime you're bored let me know and we'll grab a drink :)

Jodie

21/F/Hallett Cove