We have decided not to go !!!!!!

Guest nikkiandlee

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi all,

Just thought we would up date you, would be rude not too :unsure:.

We Have after a lot of soul searching decided not to make the move. We have taken everything in, that people have said about Aus and looked at why we were thinking of moving, our main reason I think was to run from things that wern't going our way here, however we now have looked at things more logically and feel that the reasons were short lived and certainly not a good enough reason to take our boys from a very settled and happy life! The thing is its the first time they have been settled and its showing in their schooling and in other areas of their lives. We do have a good life here Lee is doing really well in his career and things are moving for him well in the right direction, I'm really enjoying my job, so all in all it would seem at this preasent time in our lives our rainbows end is right where we are:D.

We are definatly thinking of going to Aus for a holiday, would be lovely to see what its like!!!:D

Any way Congratulations to all of you who have been granted their Visa's (Happy Jules ETC) good luck with your new exciting future.

We will be popping in to see how your all doing! Goo luck to all who are still waiting!

Thanks to everyone who has shared info and given us advice.

Warmest Regards

Lee and Nikki

XXXX

Hi all,

We Have after a lot of soul searching decided not to make the move. We have taken everything in, that people have said about Aus and looked at why we were thinking of moving, our main reason I think was to run from things that wern't going our way here, however we now have looked at things more logically and feel that the reasons were short lived and certainly not a good enough reason to take our boys from a very settled and happy life! The thing is its the first time they have been settled and its showing in their schooling and in other areas of their lives. We do have a good life here Lee is doing really well in his career and things are moving for him well in the right direction, I'm really enjoying my job, so all in all it would seem at this preasent time in our lives our rainbows end is right where we are:D.

We are definatly thinking of going to Aus for a holiday, would be lovely to see what its like!!!:D

Any way Congratulations to all of you who have been granted their Visa's (Happy Jules ETC) good luck with your new exciting future.

We will be popping in to see how your all doing! Goo luck to all who are still waiting!

Warmest Regards

Lee and Nikki

XXXX

Lee and Nikki,

Its good that you have seriously thought about things and while part of you may think "what if" i agree that if things are not done for the right reason you could spend the rest of your lives regretting it. So good on you both for being honest with yourselves and where ever you spend the rest of your lives good luck. Been great chatting and meeting you all and never know when you come out on holidays hopefully we will bump into each other and catch up with things.

Hope to still see you on looking and if ever you want someone to put you up on your hols give us a shout!!

Guest theshearers

Hi Nikki and Lee

Sorry to hear that you are not going now, but good on you both for thinking it through so seriously. You really do have to do what is best for you and your family. I think it can be easy to be caught up with a certain view of emigrating sometimes and once you start the process you just want to get the visa at any cost. However, if things are going well for you back here and you don't think you would gain anything from going to Oz, then it would seem the best option is to stay in the UK.

I really wish you all the best of luck and good on you for really looking into this before it is too late.

Take care

Vicki

Hi guys,

Well hats off to you.:notworthy: I think it is probably a harder decission you have made. You are of course correct you have to decide what is best for your family's future. If its not broken don't fix it.

We can't get out quick enough but thats just us. Good luck in whatever you do and when you visit post on here and we will arrange to meet up and give you a guided tour.:D

Pete

Guest dglamoore

Just want to wish you well with whatever path your life takes :wubclub:

Better to decide now than to uproot then find it is not for you once you get here. A major move like this needs good solid reasons behind or it will not work and it sounds like you have everything you need right where you are.

Lisa:jiggy:

Hi guys,

Well hats off to you.:notworthy: I think it is probably a harder decission you have made. You are of course correct you have to decide what is best for your family's future. If its not broken don't fix it.

We can't get out quick enough but thats just us. Good luck in whatever you do and when you visit post on here and we will arrange to meet up and give you a guided tour.:D

Pete

Well said Pete,

and what a lovely offer.

Good luck nikkiandlee.

Guest dale_jo@
Hi all,

Warmest Regards

Lee and Nikki

XXXX

Good luck guys!!!

I wish you well with the future that lay ahead and i hope all goes really well for you!!!

JO

Very best of luck guys. We met at the PIA meet Lincoln, just before we emigrated ourselves. You have to do what is right for YOU.

Definitely do the holiday thing, we did Queensland last year & here we are living life, happily, in Adelaide.

All the best for the future.

Angela

Guest Aussiebound

What a hard desicion to make. Bet it was so tough.

As said on this thread loads before my post, you have to do whats right for you and your family.

We have both sat down loads of times, to reassure each other and talk through all the doubts and concerns we have. Its made even harder as none of us have ever been to Aus.

It was nice meeting you in Lincoln.

Hope life brings everything to make you all happy.

Sarah

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, We will definatly take those offers of showing us round up when we visit!! :D.

Wishing you all the very best of luck, enjoy your new futures I hope everything is as you dreamed!!

warmest regards

Lee, Nikki and of course the boys!!!

XXXXXX

Guest Libby1971

Hello

I think it takes great character to decide that maybe staying put and working through a situation is better than trying to start something new.

In our situation, my husband has found Oz fascinating since he did a school project aged 6 and is like a dog with 2 tails that he finally lives here (40 years later).

Good luck!

Libby

Guest Guzzler&Sas

very hard decision to make and also very hard to admit "online" that it is not for you. Better to realise now and not come, rather than come and end up complaining about everything .... (not that there are too many of them - hahahaha!)

Good luck with whatever you do, your life and so on and you never know, our paths may cross one day - stranger things have happened!

Regs

Sas