sueoc

IELTS.Have you experienced this lately?

Hiya,well we went to see a Migration Agent here in Adelaide last week to discuss the prospect of our son moving over here as the remaining family member.Anyway,he said it may well be plain sailing,except for the English Test,which is one of the biggest problems he deals with now!Is it really as difficult as i am lead to believe?Surely not for us Poms!:nah:

Guest Clan Fortune

Hi there, I had to sit the academic ielts last year and I was worried as I had heard it was difficult to score the minimum bands required. It was not as bad as i thought and as long as he does a bit of practice, I'm sure he will be fine. there are lots of books available to practice and plenty of help online.

Elizabeth

Hi sueoc,

I have completed the academic IELT test last year.

Us poms should not think it will be easy sailing, you might have great english however the test is based on good time management and forward planning. eg. Making sure you have enough time per question, hitting the word count, using a wide range of words, good grammar, etc

I bought this book, Cambridge IELTS 7 Self-study Pack (Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs (2)): Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (IELTS Practice Tests) [Audiobook] [Audio CD] Cambridge IELTS 7 Self-study Pack Student's Book with Answers and Audio CDs 2 : Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations IELTS Practice Tests: Amazon.co.uk: Cambridge ESOL: Books

I failed mine the first time by 0.5! It was more getting the feel of the test and how it's planned.

You have 3 hours of non stop work before you are allowed a break!