Ashby Dicko

It could only happen to me!!

Just thought i'd share this one with you.

I thought I got flashed by a police speed camera 21st Jan 11, and so have been waiting since then for the half expected letter. Well it came today (not one but 2 ) for the same camera on the same day on the same bit of road just 4 hours difference. I thought I was doing 70+(as we sometimes do!!!) in a 60 (up hill Just before a 80 sign)Ocean Blvd, Seacliff park. but at least I have now found out that I'd kept my speed below 70 coming in at 68 and 69. So this little burst of speed, 1 after work and 1 after an all you can eat cheap meal has cost me $512. Fingers crossed its only 2 points and not 6..

Drive carefully out there they like to hide!!!:policeman:

Aw, talk about unlucky! They must be laughing (all the way to the bank!) Expensive mistake!

Just goes to show that they are not there for safety reasons - if you had been pulled over by a policeman the first time, you'd have driven much more slowly on the way back, but with cameras, they don't teach you to be better, they just punish you after the fact.

Guest Nick11

You have to be so careful there as they put speed camera cars in the reservation between the on coming lanes and they often park on the opposite site of the road by the bus stop to get you going from the 80 to 60 area.

I used to use that road daily and 9 times out of 10 there was some kind of speed camera there.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Ive been caught there too, now i set the cruise control at 60 and dont knock it off till i hit the 80 sign.

Saying that though ive been caught doing 58 in a 50 on jeffcott street with a bus, 55 on king william street outside festival theater with a bus but luckly with a bus we only get 1 point at a time.

Guest mark&rachel

Just out of interest they are often up that hill. However there is a piece of legislation which states that you have to be 200 metres away from where the speed limit changes. Often they arent there. Maybe worth looking at where they were as it may get written off.

Just a point ...............

I do hate the police here for speeding fines. Don't get me wrong, if we are speeding we have no excuse do we ? but when you see them setting up the hidden camera, that's not about making junctions or roads safer, it's only about revenue raising. They are often out on brodie road next to the express way, but in reality there isn't a junction or a large amount of pedistrian traffic around on that small stretch of road which can cause danger, so how bad is it if we go a little quicker, but i've never seen them down on gulfview road where there are shops, houses and kids playing, surely we'd want those roads to be safer ?

Guest mark&rachel

Your dead right Aussie Rob. Its a stats thing mate aswell as Revenue raising. They all have stats to meet.

But yes i guess we shouldnt be speeding but 2 or 3 km over speed limit isnt too bad is it?

Guest MrsHills

Dont forget its very rarely the 'real' police, it is the police security service who are the on road speed cameras, The 'real' police use the lasers!

Guest mark&rachel

tasers will never get used much here. No backing from Mr Hyde. All he wants is money money money hence the speeding.

On a serious note, check how far away they were from change of speed limit change. it has to be MORE Than 200 metres away otherwise its null and void

Guest kangomik

Seeing as there is someone with a little legal know how may i ask a serious question please?

If the car that "does you" is lets say parked on yellow lines on a junction and is either fully parked in the single lane or half in and half on the walkway, along with blocking a pedestrian cross over point. Is it still allowed to do this type of work legally?

We have one that does this in a couple of places, I am just wondering if it's worth taking pictures if the vehicle illegally parked.

I know police drivers are prosecuted if speeding if not on an emergency call, so was wondering about this.

Cheers.

Guest mark&rachel

they will have exemptions the same as the police but it needs to be 'safe' and if not then be justifiable as to why they are parking in this dangerous postion. I would complain about them with evidence for sure.

Cant see how you could justify being on a junction though.

Worst thing that will happen is that they will move on from that spot which would be good.

With parking, speeding fines etc there is usually a way out of it, its just whether you can be bothered with the time arguing it.

Rule number one is your answer to the question, "Why were you speeding?" Simply reply:

"I was not speeding Officer, I was sitting exactly on the posted speed limit"

Rule number two is your answer to the Officer if he persists in repeating question 1 by saying his equipment (Radar / Laser) has shown that you were speeding. Simply reply,

"I was not speeding Officer, if your equipment says I was then I would strongly suggest that it is faulty. Will you show me the last infringement notice you issued so I may compare to see if their speed was the same as the one you are claiming I was doing?"

In most cases, the policeman will show you your reading but refuse to show you his or her previous infringement fine, citing that he is not obliged to do so.

The third rule is perhaps the most important of all. Under the National Safety Committee guidelines for the use and implementation of Police Speed detection devices, the police are only supposed to be operating them in known "Black Spot" or high accident areas. Innocently ask the question to the policeman,,

"Why are you operating this speed detection device in this area? Is it a known black spot or high accident risk area?"

If you follow the above rules you will stand a good chance of winning your case in court should you wish to defend the infringement. The justice system is there for all of us, not just the police. If you win it costs you nothing!

HG

Guest smit
    tasers will never get used much here. No backing from Mr Hyde. All he wants is money money money hence the speeding.

On a serious note, check how far away they were from change of speed limit change. it has to be MORE Than 200 metres away otherwise its null and void

You 200 metres or the camera 200 metres?................I tried that one and got no where, got flashed about 50 to 100 yds away from 80 sign.

3 rd most revenue profitable place in Adelaide. Not surprising when they put it behind the bus stop just over the brow of the hill going into a flat bit.!.......and then park the car in the trees!!!

I got done dropping the wife down the hill to her mates one night, came back up and got zapped..........and I know the bit of road.........doh!!!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

Ive caught cops using there mobile phones whilst driving and speeding or jumping red lights.

Ive had the bus cameras downloaded and the videos passed to the police but nothing ever seems to get done.

So now if i catch a cop on his phone whilst driving i give him a toot on the horn or shout get off the F*##$?g phone lol lol lol

Guest Guest5035

Its quite simple, stick to the speed limit. You could go to court and have ago but if you lose, how much is the court costs, plus you'll still have to pay the fine.

stevo

Guest Guest5035

They do alot of shopping at Harvey Norman, saw 2 this morning, they spent the same time as me in there 43 minutes exactly looking at computers.

Stevo

apart from looking like extras from a village people video and hiding in a bush with a speed camera do the police here do anything else?

They are in Macdonalds or gloria jeans a lot as they get free food and drinks...

Guest MrsHills

The easiest and simplest answer to all is DONT speed or commit offences unless you are willing to take the punishment.

The police seem to always be easy targets even though they are just doing their jobs. It doesnt matter if they do have stats and quotas to be met, if you are comiiting an offences and get caught tough luck. I have been on the receving end of a couple of speeding tickets and have been spitting feathers but what can you do, nothing other than slow down.

Perhaps we should start threads each time we get bad service /annoyed by people on check outs/office workers/doctors/dentists/any receptionistsl/lawyers/work etc etc....

Guest Guest5035
    not free food or coffee, half price

thats why they are all overweight and grumpy.

stevo

Guest kangomik

Perhaps we should start threads each time we get bad service /annoyed by people on check outs/office workers/doctors/dentists/any receptionistsl/lawyers/work etc etc....

We can't do that on here, the mods kinda have a heart attack, and go delete crazy!:biglaugh: Especially bad lawyers.