Sign in to follow this  
Guest rockpool crab

Insurance for the worst?

Guest rockpool crab

Hi

I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can pay insurance in case the worst happens and a close relative dies whilst you're living in Australia. If you have to fly back at short notice the flights can be expensive if you're not prepared for them.

Has anyone heard of such an insurance, that would cover the cost of the flights?

Thanks

Carol Ann

Guest rockpool crab
    Hi Carol Ann

Think it is repatriation insurance you are looking for -

http://www.overseas-emigration.co.uk/immigration-related-services/repatriation-cover/repatriation-insurance.html

hope this helps :D

Lisa

Thanks Lisa...that's exactly what I was looking for. I bet you see these questions all the time.

£54..that's not bad...I can see me using that. Thanks fo much for the link.

Kind regards

Carol Ann

Guest Guest75
    Hi

I'm sure I've read somewhere that you can pay insurance in case the worst happens and a close relative dies whilst you're living in Australia. If you have to fly back at short notice the flights can be expensive if you're not prepared for them.

Has anyone heard of such an insurance, that would cover the cost of the flights?

Thanks

Carol Ann

Well worth taking out.

We did not .

We hit the worst case scenario.

Both our Mum's passed away last year + we have been back and forth to the UK visiting them over a two year period.

I reckon we have spent in excess of $20,000 in flights and car hire in the last two years.

Guest donna T

The OE insurance policy is on hold at the moment as they are changing brokers - they hope to have a policy back in place in early March.

Check conditions though because our says that the parent has to be under 80 years old

There are definitely some conditions attached. OE are our agency & I remember at one stage reading about this a lot. Its something I will consider once our visas here but I would definitely read it 'very carefully'.

Has any-one else had a similar policy from any-where else?

Good luck

Angela

Guest AngPhil

Does anyone know if this insurance still exists? My Dad has had a health scare this week and i want to make sure I can get home if needed.

Thanks