Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex27

SS Waiting Times

Guest alex27

Hi everyone,

just wondering if someone who has gotten state sponsorship could tell me how long it took? I logged in today and it says they have my docs, that they have been assessed, but there is no decision yet...not sure if this is a good or bad sign! just wondering what kind of wait I am looking at...I know they say up to 8 weeks but wonder if this is the reality. any help would be appreciated!

Guest guest3462

hi it took us about 3 months to get our state sponsorship, but we just missed the deadline for the cut off point last year by 3 days. 8 weeks sounds sounds about right. we are now waiting for a case officer for the 176 visa and its driving me insane!!!

Good luck and hope it doesn't take too long for you.

Julia x

Guest littlem

Good question I am waiting too, checking everyday and getting disappointed. I tried looking at the time lines of recent ss grants and they vary. Hoping it won't be the full 8 weeks.......if we take it from lodge date we have just hit 4 weeks so far.

Maybe we should start a ss thread to see where everyone is timewise?

Michelle

Guest alex27

Hi ladies,

thanks for your replies. I thought since the application said 'application assessed' that this meant it wouldn't take too long. But I guess I was wrong! I don't mind waiting...as long as we are successful! We have already applied for a 175 visa, but if we get this we can apply for a 176 and move from priority group 4 to 2...So still a long wait, but not as long as we are facing now! Now i'm just nervous they will meet the planning level for my occupation before my application is decided on!!

Guest littlem
    Hi ladies,

thanks for your replies. I thought since the application said 'application assessed' that this meant it wouldn't take too long. But I guess I was wrong! I don't mind waiting...as long as we are successful! We have already applied for a 175 visa, but if we get this we can apply for a 176 and move from priority group 4 to 2...So still a long wait, but not as long as we are facing now! Now i'm just nervous they will meet the planning level for my occupation before my application is decided on!!

Hi Alex 27

What date did you submit on? I know i have to chill out and relax and when they are ready they will tell us the decision but its driving me nuts :arghh: i am so impatient......just want to be Cat2.....

Michelle

Guest alex27

Hi Michelle,

they only received our docs on Jan 25, so I know I'm being a little impatient! What about you?

I just found it weird that they changed it to 'application assessed' almost right away, but there was no decision. Did this happen to you too?

Thx!

Mine took about 6 weeks from applying to it being approved, and after about 2 weeks it went to application assessed - no desision yet. Fingers crossed it will be sorted soon for you and the constant checking the status will be over!

Guest Cara&Gav
    Good question I am waiting too, checking everyday and getting disappointed. I tried looking at the time lines of recent ss grants and they vary. Hoping it won't be the full 8 weeks.......if we take it from lodge date we have just hit 4 weeks so far.

Maybe we should start a ss thread to see where everyone is timewise?

Michelle

Hiya,

Its only been a couple of weeks for us but its so hard waiting, just the not knowing how long it will take or if it will be positive!

I think a timeline threadr would be fab if you fancy setting it up? The mods might make it sticky for us?

Cara

Guest littlem

Sounds like a plan, i will put a new thread up and we can lodge our details there so we can track where we all are.

Many thanks

Michelle

Guest alex27

Hi Michelle,

sounds good, thanks!

i have to be honest, sometimes I wonder if all this waiting/wondering/stress is making me want the visa more than I would if it were an easy process! wonder if i would be this keen to get it if the situation was different?!