Sign in to follow this  
Guest BigSmiles

OCD/Engineer Australia times

Guest BigSmiles

Sent Oh's certificates off to be assessed at Engineer Australia two weeks ago, no money has been taken out of our account yet, and no email has been received...has anyone else sent docs off to them? How long did it take. The website says it takes around three weeks for it to be processed, so surely they would have taken the momey out by now. :goofy:

I am going insane checking the bank every morning before work. I think I'm developing mild OCD...imagine what I'll be like when applying for SS and the ACTUAL visa :GEEK:

If anyone could shed some light on the times I will be ever grateful :cute:

Guest BigSmiles

Money's gone out of the bank now so they have definitely arrived! Fingers crossed for a positive outcome :)

Guest Calstar

Fingers Crossed for you!

My OH did his skills assessment with Eng.Oz too. They did ask for some additional information, but were pretty quick with their responses...can't remember how long exactly, as this was quite some time ago for us now.

Good luck!

What kind of engineering is your OH in?

Guest Calstar

BigSmiles...

Just had a quick look at our paperwork (re. Engineers Aus Skills Assessment) and the date on the receipt we got from them was...26/08/2009 (this is when they received the assessment).

We got asked for more information on 9th Dec 2009...

After all changes/amendments we did to the assessment, it got re-sent on 29th Jan 2010

We got a letter detailing our Positive assessment on 12th February...

So once they had everything they needed (in it's correct form) it only took about 2 weeks to get a decision...so fingers crossed for you!!

Fyi. Just to let you know we had to complete a CDR (Competancy Demonstration Report) with our assessment, hence why it was a little more long winded & why they needed some clarification in parts. Hopefully your OH's was a little bit more straight forward!

Good luck!

Guest Sahara

Hi Bigsmiles,

My OH sent off his docs to engineer Oz and he got a positive assessment in about 5 weeks. Keep the faith, you will hear soon enough. I must admit they did take ages to take the money but once the did, they got back to us soon after..Good luck

Guest Sahara

Bigsmiles, forgot to ask is your OH chartered? this would make it easier I believe.

Guest BigSmiles

Thanks for replies! Not been asked for anymore info as yet, not had to do a CDR (phew, they look so long winded!) and he isn't chartered; one of those things he has been meaning to do but never actually got around to it. He is a mechanical design engineer (heating, ventilation and air con). He draws and looks at pipes. It all sounds very interesting :D

If it takes abuot five weeks with no problems, then we should only have a two week wait to get the SS forms in!!!

Really appreciate the responses xx

Guest BigSmiles

Awwww....we received an email today asking OH to do a competency demonstration report...it'll take another 16 weeks for his skills to be assessed! Thank god we make the points for the new changes in July...just hope his job is still on the list in 16 weeks time...

Oh well, will make it all the more sweeter when we do get the visa I suppose :(