Sydney has a record Heatwave

AussieRob

During the coverage of the cyclone this morning they mentioned Sydney is suffering a record heat wave.

They have had 7 days in succession over 30 degs......

They actually remarked at how they were sweltering under the heat... I think at 30 degs, you could just put a fan on ?

i do know it's a more humid heat over there, but come on, I thought Aussies were tougher than that. Or is just Sydneysiders who are a bit wet.

Last time we were in Sydney a few years ago it was 46 degrees - hottest we'd experienced anywhere (just a tip, don't try and sit on an aluminium chair that's been out in the sun in that kind of heat...owww!)

Within the space of about five minutes though, the temps dropped about 20 degrees as a cool change (the Southern Buster) came through.

Lots of houses don't have air con up there either, so when it's hot it feels really hot, inside and out!

Guest kangomik

When it's 26 it can feel like 36 here at certain times of the year. It's very humid some days and really knocks the stuffing out of you, everyone complains in Sydney about the aircon once it gets over 30,

They are funny when they come here and it's 40 +:biglaugh:

• 1 year later...

hey i live in sydney and it is 37 degs and 100% humidity and rain. and it has been 25 deg in mornings but its not how high the temp it its the humidity it can be 75% humidity and it can feel like 40 degs. like yesterday at some schools sport was cancelled due to it being 38 degs and 70 % humidity kids where nearly sent home. hey u its 19 degs and 60% humidity so ur not suffering like us. lots of out houses dont have aircon due to its an old house. lots of people rent houses so they cant do anything. plus u cant just put a fan on it dont work for like a 2 story house

thx bye bye