Areas close to the CBD

Guest nakigirl

Guest nakigirl

Hi we are looking to rent close to the CBD and wondered what sort of areas you would recommend. Is it really busy and noisey around these areas or can you still get some piece and quiet and green space? Is it possible to find properties with gardens? We are looking for the city lifestyle with access to shops, restaurants etc. in walking distance.

Thanks

Samantha

Have a look at Norwood. Lovely there, walking distance into the City across the parklands, lots of green leafy areas. If I didn't have kids - or if I had more money - I'd definitely live there. Alternatively North Adelaide, Unley, Goodwood are all fantastic - but a little pricey obviously as so close to the City.

Yes, norwood is nice.......also try;

Rosslyn park, Maghill, Kensington park......and even Wattle park. oh, and even parts of Walkerville!!

Trust me Diane, you dont need lots of money to live in any of these places...........i do and im skint, lol!! maybe the kids are the cause of my impoverishment...............anyone want 3 fabulous teenagers???

All are housebroken ( well my house is broken with them!)

We live in Marryatville, on the eastern suburbs, 5-10 minutes from CBD. I think when you see the statistic, areas around the CBD especially to the north, east and west, are expensive areas. These means that they very favourable to be living in. Norwood is very nice place, with The Parade is full of shops. Other areas with shops in walking distance will be Unley, and Goodwood. But I think here every suburb has its own shopping centre, some of few shops, other with a lot more.

regards

sw

Guest nakigirl

Norwood was top of my list at the moment. We are only a couple so would be looking for a two bedroom place at most but would need outside space as we have dog. My husbands a chef so being in a restaurant/cafe area would really suit us.