Diane

One of life's mysteries...

...walking the dog this morning, steaming pooh bag clutched in one sweaty palm on my way to the bin and got to wondering..... how do blind people clear up after their guide dogs??

Apologies to any blind people reading this - not meant to be offensive, just wondering...:huh:

Guest Guest5035

Apologies to any blind people reading this :huh:

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC

DIANE, ABSOLUTE CLASSIC!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

ARE YOU BLONDE, YOU ARE AREN'T YOU??

Stevo

Guest kangomik

Pure gold.

Labradors are pointers, just find the wet nose, and at the other end................... well you can guess the rest.

(I think most can smell!)

Guest Nicky&Andy

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:sorry didnt mean to laugh (so funny)

we saw a horrible blind man in bristol town who, when his poor labrodour went to do his buisness , he gragged the dog along the pavement (dropping as he went) shouting at the poor dog, it was all left where it fell,

so i guess some dont pick up , doesnt help you much with your question, im sure not all blind people are horrible either,

Guest MrsHills

Ha ha ha!! Although I must say that blind people can 'read' a computer, they have a programme attached to their comp which reads out the text on the page! As for their dogs....who knows!

Ha ha ha!! Although I must say that blind people can 'read' a computer, they have a programme attached to their comp which reads out the text on the page! As for their dogs....who knows!

Yes, I heard that on the radio when they were talking about Facebook. It can even describe pictures online to them, must be brilliant.

I know that guide dogs are trained to 'perform' on command, and I have a friend who has trained his cat to actually do its business in the loo.... guide dogs are very intelligent, perhaps they can be trained to do that too???

Guest kangomik

lol diane - you are funny! :biglaugh:

the dog's are trained to toilet on command and on leash. they are given the opportunity to toilet before a trip somewhere and should not do it when they are out walking. this takes some practice and when training, if the dog does toilet on the walk/trip the trainer is supposed to return them straight home so they realise that wasn't ok and they've just missed out on a walk. they do learn this quite quickly if the trainer sticks with it.

toileting on command and on leash means any mess can be located relatively easily and cleaned up. most blind people are not 100% blind and have some sight which helps them.

Louise :)