Aldinga Beach

Guest Guest6899

Guest Guest6899

Hi, does anybody live in Aldinga Beach?? it looks very nice and houses prices reasonable. Im a nurse so is there anywhere local i could work?? it seems a very long way from CBD and flinders which i was looking at. Im not too bothered about being near the city but if thats where all the work is its best not to be too far. The site i was on also stated that it didnt have a senior school and the nearest was approx 8k away is this true also??

Many thanks Lisa

Guest northernstar200

Hi there Lisa. I am currently living in Aldinga which i personally think is great place to live. When we first moved, we lived up north, which was close to cbd, not not close to a beach.

I am also a nurse, and so the hospitals that are closest are Noarlunga hospital ( small community hospital) - really nice place. And flinders is not far away , when the expressway is open (it opens towards the city in the morning and away from the city in the afternoon) it taken about 20 minutes to get there, and that has a private part and also a public part. There is also another small hospital in Mclaren valle, which is about 10-15 minutes away.

The closest high school is 8km away, but my daughter gets the bus from the end of our street, its a scool bus which also dops her off not far away from our house.

If you want to know anything else jjust let me know.

Tracy x

Guest guest3462

Hi there, we live down in Aldinga Beach and we think it is lovely. A lot of people do think it is a bit far south, but if you don't mind a drive then its not toobad.

Flinders hospital is 25-30mins drive away from here and the CBD hospitals are an hours drive. <My hubby works at RAH in the city and he doesn't mind the hours commute each way at all.

There is a smaller hospital with an emergency room 15 mins away in Noarlunga and a cottage hosital that does aged care and maternity repsite in Mclaren Vale, also 15 mins from Aldinga, so the work is plentyful for nurses. You could also go district or practice nursing???

Schools wise, we have a private secondary school here in Aldinga Beach called Southern Vales christian college which caters for children aged 5-18, but yes the nearest state school is in Willunga about 8km away. The school does put a good service on for the students who live here and in the surrounding suburbs.

HTH

Aldinga is a really nice place to live. Thee's plenty of development happening there at the moment.

The train line is presently being extended from Noarlunga to Seaford so that would provide another option in the future (drive to Seaford or Noarlunga and commute by train).

The Noarunga hospital is being supplemented by a health village and they are presently building the facility. They refer to it as a "super clinc" so there should be plenty of work opportunities in the not too distant future.

Tamara