Guest The Lengtons

New to this

Guest The Lengtons

Hi everyone

New to this site, have visited the site loads of times and have found some useful information. Everyone sounds friendly and helpful so thought I would join, have no questions to ask but I'm sure when visa's come through I will have plenty. If all goes well we, that is (hubby 'Dirk', and 2 children Loren and Caleb), are looking to be coming out March/April 08 time. Hoping to get to know people before we move out.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

hello and welcome

yes, i guess we are a friendly bunch on here. good luck with the next few hurdles to cross and ask away ....

regs

sas

Guest mOZzy

hello kathryn and family - welcome :wubclub:

good idea to join us - we are after all all in the same boat!

so which visa are you going for? which profession? and how are the kids taking it? :D

Guest The Lengtons

I am coming out on a spouse visa, Caleb is fine and keeps asking when are we getting a new house his age he makes friends easily, Loren is 50/50 one minute wants to go, next minute doesn't want to leave her friends, would be nice to find out on this site if there is anyone her age she could talk to about the move.

Guest Libby1971

Hi

My daughter Emily is 14 and we had exactly the same scenario with her as with Loren. One minute up and one minute down, it was exhausting just keeping track of her moods. We arrived in April and I won't say it has been a picnic but she is doing fine at the moment. I still have my moments when I want msn messenger wiped off the face of the earth (as she is always moody and emotional after a chat with the kids in the UK) but she has settled down fine and made new friends.

I will get Emily to pm you (and Loren) as she is in beddie byes asleep (I hope).

Take care and good luck!

Libby

Guest louiesmum

Hi

We are also hoping to be out in March/April I have two sons 6 & 2 so if we do go about the same time or even if not perhaps our boys could meet up (Louie 6 & Finley is 2). Good luck

Hi guys,

15_1_70v.gif Welcome to the site and good luck with your journey...... cos it is a rough one.

The good thing about this site is we are either all in the same boat or have been, so it makes it easier to understand what is going on, emotionally and mentally.

With plenty of people to answer any questions or just for a chat.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxuk137YYGB

Guest The Lengtons

Hi Libby

That would be good if Emily pm Loren, Loren also has messenger so maybe they could talk over msn. and if all works out meet up when we get there.

Thanks Kathryn

Guest The Lengtons

Hi Ya

Would be good to meet up for the boys and us adults as well, will be nice to talk to someone going through the same.

Take care

Guest graandjac

:DHi Guys glad youve joined us , yes a great bunch we are :biglaugh:praise will get you all the advice you want, good luck Cheers Graham

Guest The Lengtons

Its now the hubby speaking!!

Cheers Graham and everyone else,

Thank you for your support and words of encouragement, it's great to know that there is a group of people we all can contact when we're trying to settle in.

As said nearly all are pretty ok with coming out, just got to work on daughter, been busy looking at the rental accomodation(Blackwood area maybeor atleast south of the city) and job prospects.

How hard has everyone found it to get kids in to the local schools?

Really keen to go to the "footy" (AFL) as well!!!

Dirk