Guest alex27

Police Checks Validity

Guest alex27

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how long your police checks are valid for?

We live in the UK now but are going abroad in July. We want to get the police checks done for the UK before we go as we fear it might be a hassle to do from overseas. Does anyone know how long we can use these for before they expire?

Thx for your help!

Alex

It is 12 months BUT if you do not return to the UK I think they will still be valid after the 12 months.

Many people get checks from other countries they have lived in before they leave these don't expire as you can't commit a crime there if you don't go back!

You might need to check - do you have an agent who can help?

DIAC phoneline is not reliable for this

Guest shellymc

Hi

My sister and brother inlaw live in oz, they had their police checks done in the uk before they left 2 years ago. Now they are applying for pr visa and have to do police checks again even though they have not left Australia so just check it out first from an agent or website.

Hi everyone,

does anyone know how long your police checks are valid for?

We live in the UK now but are going abroad in July. We want to get the police checks done for the UK before we go as we fear it might be a hassle to do from overseas. Does anyone know how long we can use these for before they expire?

Thx for your help!

Alex

Guest storey2010

Hi Alex, the police checks can be done easily online and will be posted out to the relevent address, it took my hubby around 10-14 days to get the letter back , it does not matter where you are, good luck, Sandra.