Guest nakigirl

Short term rental and dogs

Guest nakigirl

We are relocating from New Zealand next year and bringing our dog with us. As there are no quarantine restrictions we are going to need a short term furnished rental that accepts dogs. Has anyone any reccomendations for me. Not sure how hard this is going to be. We would prefer to be close to the CBD if possible.

The other alternative is to book somewhere short-term and put the dog into kennels for a few weeks.

There are some short term rentals that do accept dogs, some only accept small dogs but there are some that will accept larger dogs too. They usually give you a list of conditions, like bring your own rug, outdoors only, they want to know if your dog is vaccinated, fleed, house trained, etc.

Guest Jo&Phil

Don't panic ..... those of us with rental properties regulary say 'no dogs' and are happily persuaded otherwise when faced with a lovely, cashed up tenant with seemingly nicely behaved pooches. An offer of an increased damage deposit is often a sweetner to the deal.

Guest Guest75
    Don't panic ..... those of us with rental properties regulary say 'no dogs' and are happily persuaded otherwise when faced with a lovely, cashed up tenant with seemingly nicely behaved pooches. An offer of an increased damage deposit is often a sweetner to the deal.

This may be true of rental agents and long term rentals but virtually no short term rental worth their salt would take the risk...............

The risk of making a furnished rental uninhabitable for the next guests is too great.

Even if waving wads of money in front of them??????????

If I had feeling s they would be hurt:biglaugh:

Guest Zoot

Google pet friendly rentals - you can find B&B's and suchlike that accept pets.

To be honest, even if you find a place willing to have dogs, I'd still put the pooch in kennels for the first couple of weeks - you'll be out and about loads getting everything sorted, so the dog will be on its own and bored in an unfamiliar place - even the best behaved dog couldn't be blamed for having a nervous chew on a leg of furniture in that situation!!

Guest nakigirl

Diane, kennels are definately not an option I'm afraid. Wouldn't trust them at all with our special girl. We travel two or three times a year in NZ and have had no problem finding holiday houses and self contained accomodation that will accept dogs. Due to this our girl is used to going to new places and is completely well behaved wherever she is. I have googled holiday lets and found a few that are dog friendly was just inquiring here to see if anyone had accomodation. I know the issue of dogs and rental accomodation is a difficult one but I wish people would take it on an individual basis and not tar everyone with the same brush. I think children can cause just as much damage if not more than some dogs.