Sign in to follow this  
Guest karyn

Singing group

Guest karyn

Hi all!

I'm after some advice! I really enjoy singing and would love to use it as a way to meet people! I've had a look online and the only groups I've been able to find have mostly older people in them. I'm 29 (almost 30!!) and enjoy singing a range of music - not really choral stuff though! Mainly musical stuff and pop music!!

Anyone got any suggestions of groups? I live in Glenelg, but have a car so can travel within reasonable distance!

Thanks in advance guys!! Karyn x

Guest Guest5035

a bit late but the barmy army were after a few good singers a few weeks ago

stevo

Guest karyn

Thanks Stevo, but my Scottish genetics forbid me from singing with the Barmy Army - though I have to admit...some of their chants were pretty catchy!!!! x

Guest Sarah Bradley

I sing with the Adelaide Allsorts ages 15 - 75 (Marion friday nights) and Onkaparinga Harmony ages 25 - 70 (Morphett Vale Thursday nights) or if you were feeling really radical you do what I did when I landed 6 years ago and join a brass band (I didn't play a brass instrument but I do now!) Marion City Band (Marion Wednesday nights) hope that helps and you find somewhere to sing all these groups have facebook and web pages. ​

Guest pizzicarella

Hi,

SASSY is a women's singing group based in Seaford. They are really good and do performances at different local events - but I think you need to audition to get in. I think most of the women are aged between 30-60? I'll see if there is something on youtube, and if not I'll upload some audio.

Guest becky c

Hi Karyn,

I'm in World Rock Choir Adelaide. We meet at Stars Theatre at Hilton (near the airport). There is a Facebook page, or you can pm me and I can give you contact details for the choir leader. We sing Rock, Pop and Soul....heaps of fun :wubclub:

Becky

Guest gemwalker82

I sing with Adelaide Sound Connection who are ladies only a capella from the age of 30-70's, we sings all sorts, from pop (60's through to now) to musicals and some patriotic Oz songs too. We practice in Mitcham every Weds evening and I go from Glenelg too! Although I don't have a car yet I get a lift with another lady from the chorus. If you want any more details, PM me.

Gem