Young Flinny

I could murder a pint of Bitter.

I could absolutely destroy a pint of real bitter, none of this pretend Aussie rubbish. Is their anywhere other than The Elephant (which does Tetley's) that I can get a pint of something like Theakstons.

I'm not talking that carbonated James Squire rubbish either.

Sincerly,

A parched Yorkshireman.

Guest cornish Busdriver

You can get tetleys in cans from the bottle shops at Christies and seaford

Guest Guest5035

Funny that, when back in the UK last August, i couldn't drink that stuff they sell in the pubs, it pretended to be beer but was like warm water.

Stevo

You can get tetleys in cans from the bottle shops at Christies and seaford

You can get a good selection of stuff from Dan Murphy's. Tetley's, John Smiths, Boddingtons etc. But nothing beats a golden brown pint of hand pulled in a pub that smells like stale alcohol and has a tar stained carpet. :notworthy:

I'll have make do with Yorkshire Tea for now.

Guest Guest5035

I'll have make do with Yorkshire Tea for now.

tea would taste better...:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest guest569

have you tried Coopers Vintage ?? Pricey but hits the spot !!!!

Have you tried the microbreweries that are dotted around? There is the Port Dock Brewery, in Port Adelaide; the Lobethal Bierhaus in the Hills; and the Steam Exchange in Goolwa. Think there is also one called the Myponga Brewery on the Fleurieu Peninsula (at Myponga, I'd guess!)

The first two I know for sure do "tasting" platters (small measures of each of their beers so you can try and decide which you like best before going for a big glass).

Guest shed end col

Best you get yourself up the Fox n Firkin Pub,Tea Tree Gulley.English pub,English ales on tap,Hobgoblin,tetleys ,speckled hen.Best Brit boozer i've found scince been here. Col.

Guest guest3462

Have you tried mclaren vale ale? You can get it in various pubs in Adelaide but it originates at the salopian inn in mclaren vale...... It's lcely edpecially when a nice pint is called for!!! They also do amazing food! :-)

. It's lcely edpecially ......

Hic!! :biglaugh::biglaugh: If I didn't know better Julia, I'd think you'd been sampling a few glasses yourself...... :D

Guest guest3462

Yes my fingers are now too fat for my iPhone!!! Only another few weeks til she's born then I can start the countdown to enjoying a schooner or 2. September will be a good month lol!

Best you get yourself up the Fox n Firkin Pub,Tea Tree Gulley.English pub,English ales on tap,Hobgoblin,tetleys ,speckled hen.Best Brit boozer i've found scince been here. Col.

Sounds good, thanks, TTG is miles away but I do have to go there for TAFE so next time I might pop in for 1 or 10.

Have you tried mclaren vale ale? You can get it in various pubs in Adelaide but it originates at the salopian inn in mclaren vale...... It's lcely edpecially when a nice pint is called for!!! They also do amazing food! :-)

I have, not my cup of tea unfortunately, thanks for replying though.

Somebody mentioned Hahndorf, I love it there, wish it was only easier to get home from, I must befriend a Hahndorfian with a nice comfortable couch.

(Young Flinny on his Dad's account)

Guest Squareman

Couldn't agree more with Lynsteve. UK beer is absolute garbage - like lukewarm dishwater. The sooner you get a taste for real aussie beer, the better.

Guest cbeeb

Vale ale is brewed in victroria, they talking about building in willunga but not yet. Myponga brewery is fab they are extending and doing a cafe. Microbrewery in mclarenvale cannot remember name but beer really good. ekidna wine do own beer only at cellar door not in bottles yet but do happy hours thursday and friday. great food. Tapas in bar. alcoholic ginger beer by jug is amazing( I do not normally like ginger beer)Ekindna between mclarenvale and mclaren Flat

Guest Guest75

Tried it the other week when we were haveing a few at the Victory pub.

Ewwwww!!!!! Might have been a bad bottle to give it te benefit of the doubt.

But all I tasted was Elderflower Cat pee!!!

Yuk!!!!:swoon::swoon:

Guest cbeeb

tried one quite flowery. but ginger beer is great.also do not rate salopian inn food. bad service overpriced food

Guest garlic--bread

mmm, hobgoblin on draught??? That's me sorted when I get there.