Awaiting your 887?

minkyme29

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest phoning them and finding out what is happening - I applied the 1st of Feb this year and was granted it on the 3rd, so you should definately have heard something by now I would think.

Guest zoes904272

We applied on 16th December and haven't heard anything yet either. I phoned on Monday and they said we would be in the next batch and hubby should keep an eye on his in box as there may be something coming through sooner than expected. It's our wedding anniversary on Valentines Day and we are currently in Brisbane and were hoping to have a little celebration but it's also hubby's birthday on Thursday so it would be nice to think they were waiting until then. I'm going to give them another call on Wednesday if no news.

We applied on 16th December and haven't heard anything yet either. I phoned on Monday and they said we would be in the next batch and hubby should keep an eye on his in box as there may be something coming through sooner than expected. It's our wedding anniversary on Valentines Day and we are currently in Brisbane and were hoping to have a little celebration but it's also hubby's birthday on Thursday so it would be nice to think they were waiting until then. I'm going to give them another call on Wednesday if no news.

Hi Zoe

It's good that you got through to someone - which number did you call? I phoned last week and was on hold for so long I gave up. Did email them though and am awaiting a reply, they've said they'll respond within 5 working days. I would much rather speak to a real person though.

Our time frames are very similar so maybe we'll be in the same batch. It would be graet if you heard something positive by your hubby's birthday.

:)

Guest zoes904272

Hi Minkyme. I called the General Skilled Migration Enquiries number x1300 364 613. The best time to call is first thing in the morning (from 9.00 am) - it does take a while but you do eventually get through. They were taking four to six weeks before in the lead up to Xmas and when I phoned last week they will still processing up to 7th so we can't be far away. There would also have been a delay when the Brisbane Processing Centre was closed for a couple of weeks during the floods. Let's keep everything crossed and hope that we are next! It certainly would be a lovely birthday pressie if it came next week!

That would be great wouldn't it?

Is your case fairly straight forward? Ours isn't which is why I've become a bit concerned. Still can't quite get my head round why some are processed so quickly and others are left hanging for ages, there appears to be no logic to it.

Good luck with your application - keep me posted if you hear :) and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Guest Sannie!
That would be great wouldn't it?

Is your case fairly straight forward? Ours isn't

I am long way away to even apply for my 887, however I am keeping an eye on things happening across. by the way can you please explain what do you mean by "your case ins't straight"??

:policeman:

I am long way away to even apply for my 887, however I am keeping an eye on things happening across. by the way can you please explain what do you mean by "your case ins't straight"??

:policeman:

I think you mean "straight forward"?

We have met the work criteria but not in a straight forward way by evidencing one full time job - instead my OH has worked the hours over two part time jobs (which the applicant is allowed to do btw) in one permanent post and one casual contract.

Guest zoes904272

I called DIAC this morning and was advised that we were allocated a CO on 3rd February but it can take up to six weeks to process - we were hoping we would be able to celebrate on hubby's birthday tomorrow but I guess we are now looking at the long weekend in March worst case.

I'm going to ring them as we've heard nothing. The automated reply to the blank email that can be sent for processing times and allocations came back saying they're now looking at applications received before 9th Feb so we should have been allocated a CO by now too I reckon.

Glad to hear you've had a response to your enquiry Zoe - good luck, you may find they say 6 weeks to cover themselves. I've heard that once a CO is allocated it can be really quick.

:)

Guest zoes904272

One other thing that we did learn today is that as my husband is the primary applicant, we have to complete form 956 (as an exempt person) that authorises me to discuss our case with them directly even though I'm the secondary applicant. They must have jumped forward a lot with their applications as they were up to 7th December for some time.

Fingers crossed we don't have to wait another six weeks. Good luck with your call!

We applied on-line - I believe that their offices are open from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.

I thought you were online applicants but got confused by the Adelaide phone line. I did try them but it was after 4pm so couldn't get through. Might get my husband to try them tomorrow perhaps but it sounds like we may well have been allocated a CO too as our dates are so close to yours. Let's hope anyway :notworthy:

Got everything crossed for positive results soon! It sure has been a long time coming.

Guest enabrutus

Hi there, I applied on Feb 8 after just over 2 years on 495 and have not heard anything yet...

For those who have had their 887 granted, did you have to provide the DIAC with AFP clearance again?

Cheers!

Guest enabrutus

Wow... only 3 days! Considering that I had to wait for 18 months to have my 495 granted (on-shore), I will be okay to exercise my patience again. Also, I am on a Brazilian passport.

Hi

Applied 887 on 1st Feb.

Submitted all documents along with my AFP except for Medicals but I dont know what's happening with my case. :skeptical:

I check everyday online to see the progression but I see only 'processing commenced' from day one.

I hope for the best :D

There appears to be little logic to the process I'm afraid. All I can think is that some people have slightly more complex cases which get put on the 'complicated' pile and looked at later whilst they concentrate on the easy ones? Who knows...but I will be phoning soon to find out what the heck is happening as my patience is wearing thin.

Guest enabrutus

Hi, as I said previously I applied for 887 from 495 on Feb 8 and still no reply. I haven't upfronted AFP clearances but will start organising them tomorrow to streamline things.... good luck to you all!

Got my husband to ring DIAC this morning and sure enough we have NO case officer and have been over looked! They reckon it might be sorted within 3 -4 weeks and have said any overlooked cases are often fast tracked.

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice, let's hope we get it sorted asap now.

Got my husband to ring DIAC this morning and sure enough we have NO case officer and have been over looked! They reckon it might be sorted within 3 -4 weeks and have said any overlooked cases are often fast tracked.

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice, let's hope we get it sorted asap now.

I'm dreading this happening to us! Waiting is the worst part ever.

Glad you've managed to get through to them and get things sorted anyway... look forward to reading your PR post :-)

Guest zoes904272

We've had a CO since 3rd Feb but nothing has moved on our status so I'm going to phone again on Wednesday to see what's happening. We really want to get our private healthcare sorted as there's some really good deals out there just now! Grrr.....

Guest enabrutus
We've had a CO since 3rd Feb but nothing has moved on our status so I'm going to phone again on Wednesday to see what's happening. We really want to get our private healthcare sorted as there's some really good deals out there just now! Grrr.....

Hi there, as you have lodged an application for PR you are entitled to Medicare (in full). Thus, you should be okay to sort out our private healthcare prior to having your visa granted...