State Sponsorship - PLS HELP

Guest guest7008

Guest guest7008

:arghh:Hi, just in process of completing the Online application for SS, in the section Reasons for choosing SA, i know you can only put down 200 words, but boy is that hard when I got so much to say!! In brief, what bits should I concentrate on? Lifestyle - housing - emploment - schooling etc or just do the whole lot briefly? Any tips be great THANKS SO MUCH:biglaugh:

Guest guest7008

thtas great, I saw the "add another one" was not sure if I could ramble on more or not!! So I can sbreak it down into 4/5 sections - lifestyle - housing - employment - education etc. Many thanks for that helen

• 8 months later...

Hi Helen, I'm at the same stage. My Hubby has asked me to fill in the blanks, but I really don't know anything about Adeleide. I have been to Sydney and Perth, but on the SA is our only choice on the state sponsored route. I've nbeen told not to quote statistics. How did you get on?

thanls

laila & pete.

Hi Helen, I'm at the same stage. My Hubby has asked me to fill in the blanks, but I really don't know anything about Adeleide. I have been to Sydney and Perth, but on the SA is our only choice on the state sponsored route. I've nbeen told not to quote statistics. How did you get on?

thanls

laila & pete.

Hi All

Don't worry about it too much. On stats, I think a few re house prices, expected pay grades, employment opps etc wouldn't do any harm, but don't throw google at them.

Previously (2009) they asked the questions below, so I used this as a rough guide to what they might be interested in - must have been OK for we got it (OCT 2011).

1. In your own words, explain why you wish to settle in South Australia ( as opposed to other states of Australia).
  2. Have you visited South Australia before? If so, for how long and for what purpose? If you have not visited South Australia before, are you planning to do so before migrating?
  3. How much money ( in your local currency) will you plan to bring with you to South Australia?
  4. How will you cope with life in a new country, a long way from your family and friends?
  5. Do you have friends or relatives living in South Australia or Australia?
  6. Have you made contact with any possible employers in South Australia or sought work in South Australia? (Please provide details of employers you have contacted and any efforts to secure employment)

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Ditto IrishStew - we came up with 5 main titles (as you have) and then wrote a little on each bit, quoting websites etc to show we had done research and any facts or figures that supported our thoughts, and just personalised it to us - ie Hubby loves gardening and the SA Botanical Gardens is meant to be one of the best in Oz from our point of view so we wrote a bit about that and why it was the best for us etc...

Basically they just want to see you have done research into the State and don't think its 40 degrees year round and actually want to go there, instead of just bunging an application in off bat as it were.

When we completed ours, we were told by our agent to fill it in 'as if we telling a friend' why we wanted to go to Adelaide. You do need to do research but lower house prices, good climate, good education for kids all work well, but I recommend they are backed up with evidence to suggest you have looked into it.