Guest c4ndygirl

136 skilled visa applications

Guest c4ndygirl

Hi there,

Just wondered how many have applied for a skilled visa, and what sort of timeline it has taken for each stage? It looks like there is a massive backlog!!!

Thanks again

Candia;)

Hi Candia,

We have applied for a 496 (temporary visa), you can see the timelines below, my OH job was put on the MODL list a week after we applied, so because of this we are still only being treated as low priority, even though they are looking for his trade.

The waiting and not being active in the visa process is killing us, at least when we were gathering information and sorting paperwork out we felt as though we were a part of it. But the future being left in someone elses hands now is not a good place to be, as far as emotions are concerned, my liver is screaming from all the australian wine we have been forced to try as we wait & wait & wait.

I'm so glad we have already done our meds, I dread to think how the tests would have showed up after all the alcohol! (I was tee-total before I started this process!)

Hi there,

Just wondered how many have applied for a skilled visa, and what sort of timeline it has taken for each stage? It looks like there is a massive backlog!!!

Thanks again

Candia;)

Everyone seems to be different, suggest you look at some of the time lines on most peoples signatures which will give you an idea. Enjoy the wait:skeptical:, your not alone thats the good thing:goofy:

Guest c4ndygirl

Thanks for the kind replies!

Its just so many timelines for so many people, its hard to keep track of who is applying for what!!

Will let you know how we get on

Candia

Guest graandjac

:goofy:We are on a 136 skilled see below re time line, Cheers Graham

Guest c4ndygirl

Thanks Graham,

I think with all the back-log we sent our application a couple of months too late!!!

Will let you know

Candia

Guest Aussiebound

We are on a 136 skilled visa, timeline listed below

Sarah

Guest Django

We are also on a skilled independant visa. However the new 175 (timeline below).

Seems to be going quite nicely. We don't hope to go until at least Apr/May next year anyway. We aren't in any hurry but it would be nice to have it in the bag so to speak. Even at this stage its a maybe rather than a deffo. We don't want to sell the house until the visa is granted but then we don't want to be stuck here coz the house won't sell. :confused:

Pete

Guest graandjac

Pete, thats the big one but the way we looked at it is that you can dalay the house to suit you a little and delay thing if needed, so if we ever get a viewing:nah: thats the plan.

Cheers Graham

Guest Django

But then we will be stuffed if we sell the house and then the visa gets turned down. :wacko: