Guest Tterrier81

good thai food?

Guest Tterrier81

can anyone recommend good thai restaurants/takeaways in the southern suburbs

I know it's not southern as such but might be worth calling at if you're passing...Pattaya Thai, 259 Brighton Road, Somerton Park. It's a funny tacky little place, but reminds us of some of the places we ate in in Thailand. We took our four year old there last night and she loved it.

They do a great green curry and I love their satay chicken.

Guest Coleybear

On the beach front opposite the Port Noarlunaga jetty! Its been there for years and is amazing!!

not southern but not too far from you i would go to aroy thai in blackwood, great thai food.....now to highjack your post...

can anyone recommend a good thai in the city, theres so many to choose from in gouger street i dont know where to start?????

Jo

So it's not 'south south' but best Thai food I've had by a long way in Adelaide is Tanapa Thai on Jetty Road, Glenelg - north side of the road about half way down. So good! Also not south, but worth a mention, Tongue Thai'd on Henley Beach Road.

Not south but the Thai Orchid in Henley Beach square is awesome.

Apart from that, the White Dove in Port Noarlunga is good for take-aways.

Guest Lucky

We love Orientai in Brighton....have had take away and meal in and its devine! They also own Charminar which is Indian resturant along same rd.

Guest charlieandtoby

So it's completely not a southern suburb - not even in the slightest - so apologies.... but the best Thai we've had in Australia is Amarin Thai on Tynte St in Nth Adelaide. We just spent six years in Melbourne where the food is pretty good - this is better than any Thai we had there. Seriously I'd say it's worth a trip - great food and great service in a well known Adelaide restaurant. Alternatively I am told that Star of Siam on Gouger St in the City is the sister restaurant. Also very good!

Guest Wiggy Jiggy

Agree with Lucky - we love Orientai on Brighton Rd in Hove (close to where the railway line crosses the road). We have eaten there heaps of time and the food is always excellent :)