Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest5035

Queen Mary 2

Guest Guest5035

If anyones into cruise ships then the Queen Mary 2, all 149,000 tonnes of her, will be visiting Adelaide at the outer harbour, next Sunday 20th between 06.00 and 13.15,

stevo

Yeh, there's another one in harbour at the same time - can't remember its name - something Greek I think - so they're making a special dispensation and opening the shops in Rundle Mall at 9 am on the Sunday so that all the cruise passengers can spend their tourist dollars! As if tourists come to South Australia to shop.....

Anyway, will probably be a bit busy round the port I should think with two in harbour at the same time.

Guest Guest5035

Amadea is the oither one in from 0630 to 20,00 she's only 29,000 tonnes. Diane, you and i know someone who will be on the QM2 having a tour round, lucky ######

Stevo

Yeh, there's another one in harbour at the same time - can't remember its name - something Greek I think - so they're making a special dispensation and opening the shops in Rundle Mall at 9 am on the Sunday so that all the cruise passengers can spend their tourist dollars! As if tourists come to South Australia to shop.....

Anyway, will probably be a bit busy round the port I should think with two in harbour at the same time.

Last year when the QM2 came in the city made about $500K in revenue.

Very very pleased to hear Rundle Mall will be open on the Sunday early - now if we can only get them to open on public holidays!

Diane, you and i know someone who will be on the QM2 having a tour round, lucky ######

Sounds fun, hope he's not tempted to stow away in one of the lifeboats!

If anyones into cruise ships then the Queen Mary 2, all 149,000 tonnes of her, will be visiting Adelaide at the outer harbour, next Sunday 20th between 06.00 and 13.15,

stevo

Thinks my Boss:policeman: is on that, He flew to South Africa to catch the cruise back (lucky git!:daydreaming:)

Guest guest7187

I love the QM2, I was at southampton (her home port) when she turned up to start her first maiden trip, as I rememer it was a great british summer. wet cold windy!!:biglaugh:

Guest Guest5035

myself and many thousands were there, wishing we were on board, my son had a great 90 minutes on board, lots of posh rich people, very very elegant.

Stevo

myself and many thousands were there, wishing we were on board, my son had a great 90 minutes on board, lots of posh rich people, very very elegant.

Stevo

Your lucky son - how did he get that privelege? The closest I could get (through work) last year was into the terminal!

Guest Guest5035

He works for a travel agency, there were around 48 others there aswell, he also did the Athena and Dawn Princess earlier.

Stevo

He works for a travel agency, there were around 48 others there aswell, he also did the Athena and Dawn Princess earlier.

Stevo

That's such a great opportunity for him, particularly in his field. Helps him to know what he's selling.