Guest Murphy642

Beaches and the Barossa

Guest Murphy642

Just a quick question for those in the know.

What is the closest beach that is decent to the Barossa. Just want to know if it is mins or hours to ge there.

Thanks

Probably Semaphore - and I'd say about 45 mins to an hour. A useful website it the RAA route planner - RAA - Travel Planner. Find location, Get directions, Pre planned routes, Places to stay and Holidays Savings. - try putting in for example Williamstown, SA (that's on the edge of the Barossa) as start point and Semaphore SA as destination. You may be able to get to some of the beaches north of St Kilda a little quicker, but I don't know those very well I'm afraid.

Just a quick question for those in the know.

What is the closest beach that is decent to the Barossa. Just want to know if it is mins or hours to ge there.

Thanks

Yes about right 45mins to 60mins, depends how far up in the barossa you are, we are just east of it on the edge and takes about 45 minutes to Semaphore. Not much in the way of beaches up past the port or St Kilda (not really a beach like further south) unless you head over to the Yorke. Barossa area is a great place to live

Guest kangomik

The new road makes it easier, but i reckon to the beach you would have to be going fast to get there in 45 mins.

Just under an hour would be right. the traffic does not really come into it, your only looking at the lights on Port wakefield road.

I travel this a bit lately, if your nurioopta way your quite near the sturt highway, if you are further in away from the road, it can take 15 mins to get to the highway, Angaston ETC.

If your at the Gawler end, you would be better, lewiston maybe?

It's not a bad drive, really easy.

Nuri is a as close to country as we get within an hour of the city in my opinion, everyone is very friendly.

Theres beaches directly west of the Barossa but they're not 'proper' sandy beaches - places like Thompsons Beach, Port Parham, or down to St Kilda by the kids adventure playground. I go there crabbing and dog walking. They all have a large tidal range. Proper sandy beaches would be down near Semaphore as mentioned in earlier mails.

Guest Melian

Depends where you are in the Barossa. Gawler to Semaphore used to take us 40 minutes, as long as the lights were favourable on Port Wakefield road.

What do you think about driving time from Semaphore to Gawler in the mornings? Is this against rush hour traffic or will it still be pretty busy? Thinking about the potential commute for the hubby...!

Emma