Guest Guest5035

20 years today

Guest Guest5035

Yep me, the oh and my 2 year old at the time arrived 20 years ago today, not knowing basically nothing about Adelaide, lonely, pooing our pants, thiking what the F##K have we done.

Them old days , no computer, skype internet, no mobiles, landline calls were massive to the UK, etc etc. Started work 2 weeks after arriving, leaving a miserable wife at home panicking, wanting to go back etc etc. But she turned it all around and has been like a rock determined to make a go of it whilst i was at work, whilst having a 2 year old with her.

5 houses later, yes 5, we made a few mistakes here and their, 4 expensive ones house wise, but we survived, have a great lifestyle now, good friends and now aged 22 my daughter is having her house built and her 17 year old brother doing really really well. My OH sometimes has the odd downer, don't we all, buts thats life.

Finally i take my hat off to my beloved, she's been lucky not to have worked in those 20 years and its been hard for her friend wise, but at least she gave it a go, and also to my 2 monsters at times !! onya

stevo

Well done mate, must have been much harder in some aspects, but sometimes easier, as you KNOW you can't make contact readily back to UK. And well done your other half too.

How did you find PIA in the first place, Stevo? (And I've gone off FP since they stopped doing their avocado ravioli! Nice drop of house rose though....)

Guest Bluenose

Nice one mate! Over 24 for me and I can vouch that it was tough! More so with the lack the things you've mentioned....relying on letters was a nightmare! :)

Congrats on your milestone....I bet you haven't looked back. :)

Cheers

J

Guest Guest5035
    How did you find PIA in the first place, Stevo? (And I've gone off FP since they stopped doing their avocado ravioli! Nice drop of house rose though....)

errrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmm adelaide brits......:huh:

stevo

Guest Guest75

Ahh,Ya poofta!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was easier in those days.

Only cost you flipping 10 Quid!! + you did not know the strife you were moving into by reading the forums!!!:goofy::P:p:p

Guest Guest5035
    Ahh,Ya poofta!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was easier in those days.

Only cost you flipping 10 Quid!! + you did not know the strife you were moving into by reading the forums!!!:goofy::P:p:p

I'm not that old..........the dog cost me the equivalent of $3k to get him here..

Stevo