Can anyone suggest some areas to look at for rentals?

Guest Lynda&Adam

Guest Lynda&Adam

This is a bit of a tall order, but here goes anyway! Can any one recommend any possible places to look at for rentals that would answer the following:

40 mins from CBD

Good schooling (we have a 7 & 9 year old)

Not too expensive per week - ie £400 - 450 per week

I have a list that seems to be growing, however would love some 'inside info'!! We are due over the middle of this year - any ideas you guys???

Any of the northeastern suburbs - Golden Grove, Greenwith, Wynn Vale, Tea Tree Gully, Fairview Park, Highbury, Hope Valley, Dernancourt, Athelstone....

Someone will be along to suggest southern suburbs, but I thought I'd get those in first before someone tells you to avoid everywhere north! The suburbs above all have great schools, great transport, easy access to the CBD, good choice of properties within your budget, good mix of nationalities, 30 mins or so from the beaches, easy reach of the Barossa wine region, hills, parks, trees, sports facilities, shops and restaurants.

Now over to the southerners.....:D

Guest Guest75

Hiya

With a 40 minute radius you have quite a plethora of choices!!

On the south "end" I reckon Seaford would be on the very edge of your search area.

With your budget you should see some nice rentals.

Coastal suburbs that I know people like and settle in......

Seaford (Inc Seaford Rise and Meadows), Moana ,Port Noarlunga, Christies Beach, Hallett Cove,

Closer to the city, Marino,Seacliff,Hove,Brighton.

So many to choose from that it's hard to make even a rough decision until you come and see for yourself.

A lot of schools do not have catchment areas for now but they seem to be increasingly popular.

Have a real good look on Google maps and Earth.

Inland you also have some great suburbs ,still with easy reach to beaches and facilities.

We live in Onkaparinga Hills, a small suburb set on the hills with sea views in parts. Feels rural but 10 mins to the beach :cute:

Come to think of it perhaps a set of negative criteria would get you a much shorter answer!!!