chrisfen46

Estate agents/homebuyers (p takers)

WELL WE PUT OUR HOUSE BACK ON THE MARKET 2 WKS AGO AT 10K LESS THAN LAST YEAR, 15K LESS THAN YEAR BEFORE. HAD A COUPLE COME VIEW IT YESTURDAY AND THEY PUT OFFER IN FOR 10K LESS THAN ASKING PRICE.ESTATE AGENT SAID WE SHOULD CONSIDER IT LOL , AS THE COUPLE IN QUESTION HAD WORKED HARD TO SAVE DEPOSIT.WHAT THE HELL DO THEY THINK WE HAVE BEEN DOING TO PAY OUR MORTGAGE, CANT AFFORD TO GIVE THE HOUSE AWAY,BUT THATS WHAT HOMEBUYERS IN THE UK ARE THINKING NOW, KEEP HEARING ITS A BUYERS MARKET,WELL I WONT BE SELLING AT ANYTHING LES THAN OUR ASKING PRICE..:realmad: NEEDED TO VENT SOME FRUSTRATION

Guest Traceyp
    WELL WE PUT OUR HOUSE BACK ON THE MARKET 2 WKS AGO AT 10K LESS THAN LAST YEAR, 15K LESS THAN YEAR BEFORE. HAD A COUPLE COME VIEW IT YESTURDAY AND THEY PUT OFFER IN FOR 10K LESS THAN ASKING PRICE.ESTATE AGENT SAID WE SHOULD CONSIDER IT LOL , AS THE COUPLE IN QUESTION HAD WORKED HARD TO SAVE DEPOSIT.WHAT THE HELL DO THEY THINK WE HAVE BEEN DOING TO PAY OUR MORTGAGE, CANT AFFORD TO GIVE THE HOUSE AWAY,BUT THATS WHAT HOMEBUYERS IN THE UK ARE THINKING NOW, KEEP HEARING ITS A BUYERS MARKET,WELL I WONT BE SELLING AT ANYTHING LES THAN OUR ASKING PRICE..:realmad: NEEDED TO VENT SOME FRUSTRATION

Hi,am in the same situation ,but we are in RSA.My house has to be sold but people dont want to pay.

:arghh:

Guest boesman

We had the same two years ago and eventually took it off. I think we are goint to try and keep the flat untill we want to buy something else one day in Aus. Hopefully the market will be better and the pound stronger too...???

I hated trying to clean and tidy the flat with my three small kiddies and we had lots of viewings and only stupid offers and then some viewers don't even show up. Hopefully I never have to go through that again. A lady is renting it now.

Guest vikkiann

I understand your frustration, when we got our visa we accepted 33k under the asking and the buyer still pulled out!!

We are still in the uk, the house is on the market for 30k less than it was worth in 2008, we have 2 parties bidding on it and what i've told the estate agent now is to accept both offers and whoever can complete first can have it.

I know it's really naughty on my part but i'm so fed up with timewasters!!

It is a problem. Not too bad if you are buying again in the Uk as you can knock down the seller - that is what people assume you will do just get a better deal on the one you are buying.

That is fine BUT not when you are moving to Oz with poo exchange rates and property prices still rising there!!

Really no idea how our house will go - not ready to put it on the market yet but seriously considering doing it early and then moving to rented if nec. before going to Oz.

hi Rammygirl thats what we have done put house on 2 weeks ago , hopeing to sell at fairly decent price then go into rented, but having second thoughts now, will leave it on market for nxt 10 wks then will take it off. when we get visas will put it back on as dont think we will get visa now till nxt year, will save up enough money to go out and validate visas then. hopefully housing market might be more stable.