Sent off my documents etc to AHPRA which they have confirmed receiving in October 2010.

Still waiting to hear from them re nursing registration...............seems to be taking ages!!!!

Just wondering how long its taken other nurses to get registered?

Cheers

Jayne

Hi

Mine took four months, applied in early september. They contacted me in October to say my anmc hadn't yet been received in Sydney, which wasn't suprising as I had sent my application to Melbourne? God knows why it ended up in Sydney!

Good luck,

Gill x

Malkitek- which supporting docs did you send, as ANMC forwarded all other stuff. Was it just CV and identity stuff. Also, did your manager have to sign your CV, as I have read that this is a typing error, and you sign it yourself- not sure??

Malkitek- which supporting docs did you send, as ANMC forwarded all other stuff. Was it just CV and identity stuff. Also, did your manager have to sign your CV, as I have read that this is a typing error, and you sign it yourself- not sure??

Hi,

I was emailed and asked to provide proof of change of name (marriage certificate, although you would have thought the passport id page would have done!), c.v and proof of continuing professional development.

When I applied to the anmc I got my manager to sign it, which seemed odd, then I also read it was a mistake, so only I signed it as true and correct for the ahpra.

Cheers

Gill x

Guest guest5933

Yes, AHPRA. I would say four months is about right from when they take your money; they took mine on 28.10.10 and was advised last week that an 'In Principle' letter is on the way. This satisfies VISA requirements, when I arrive in Adelaide I am to take my passport to the local office to verify ID, and thereafter they do a police check and then issue reg.

I would say phone them after a couple of months as they have a habit of losing docs and not telling you...phonecalls got faster results than email.

Good luck!

Yes, AHPRA. I would say four months is about right from when they take your money; they took mine on 28.10.10 and was advised last week that an 'In Principle' letter is on the way. This satisfies VISA requirements, when I arrive in Adelaide I am to take my passport to the local office to verify ID, and thereafter they do a police check and then issue reg.

I would say phone them after a couple of months as they have a habit of losing docs and not telling you...phonecalls got faster results than email.

Good luck!

Hi,

Any idea why some people get a 'in principle' letter and others get straight on register? I have a registration number and can see myself on register on line on ahpra website, but it also menas I have the joy (:arghh:) of re registering in May, which will be before I even get to Oz! If you have an in priciple letter I take it you don't have to reregister in May?

Gill x

Guest nicandchris

now im confused! :o

Hi,

Any idea why some people get a 'in principle' letter and others get straight on register? I have a registration number and can see myself on register on line on ahpra website, but it also menas I have the joy (:arghh:) of re registering in May, which will be before I even get to Oz! If you have an in priciple letter I take it you don't have to reregister in May?

Gill x

Guest guest5933

Hmmm, I don't know either? Is it something to do with type of visa?