Get the chat room going....!!!!

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:chatterbox:Seeing as a few of us have a chat on msn each night and there are quite a few newbies , and the chat room here has been empty for a while. If there is anyone about tonight maybe 8.30 ish and some of us old timers can say hi (thats time wise not age):biglaugh: to some of the newer members. Just click on the chat function at the top right of thr page and pop in. Cheers Graham

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I saw this thread this morning and thought that would be nice....

I went in, a few of the peeps in there said hi sarah...some didnt... I said Hi hows everyone...no one replied....so i watched the convo for a while, then said goodbye thanks for the chat

sarah

Guest Guzzler&Sas

I went in, a few of the peeps in there said hi sarah...some didnt... I said Hi hows everyone...no one replied....so i watched the convo for a while, then said goodbye thanks for the chat

sarah

hi sarah

sorry if i did not respond, i had keith in my eye about the lack of milk in the house, getting me to type stuff for him - rahhhhh!!, so did not ignore you on purpose, also was answering questions about xmas too for the newbies .... must try harder next time ...

all the best for now

sas

xxx

I was on last night as well sarah, i know I said hi to you, but I was totally lost once it started getting a bit busier and ended up just sitting back and trying to keep up with what was going on. I was replying to questions that people had already moved on from.

If you felt ignored, I don't think anybody would have done it on purpose, it was just a bit too busy, but accept my apologies anyway, because I was there x.

That's the 2nd time I have been on, the first time it was only myself and dan, which stopped me getting confused (which isn't the easiest thing to do!)

Guest Unch&dougs

Hello Sarah

We too were on last night and found it quite difficult to keep up. It was quite like the two ronnies sketch where they answered the question they had been asked before on mastermind. Our typing is restricted to one finger!

If we ignored you we apologise. totally unintended.

sarah

Hi Sarah,

You must have disapeared before I got there. The thing with chatrooms is that you may well feel you are being ignored but I can assure you you aren't. Those that didn't speak to you could have been elsewhere when you came in. They could be on the forum reading or posting, gone off to make a cuppa or be talking to someone else in a private window and so not really reading what is going on in the main room. Sorry I missed you coz it would have been nice to chat.

I was totally lost once it started getting a bit busier and ended up just sitting back and trying to keep up with what was going on.

It can get very manic at times and 4 or 5 different convos all going off at once can be confusing to begin with. Keep coming in and you will soon be able to keep up. It does help if everyone chooses a different colour for their text.

We too were on last night and found it quite difficult to keep up.

What you can do is split up into different rooms. There could be 15 people in there but spread out so that there are only 3 in each room. Makes it easier to keep up. Also if you want to ask someone something instead of your message getting lost in the madness of the main room, you can send it in a new window so that only the intended person can read it.

Another thing you can do is create your own room. You can also put a password on it so that you can keep a convo private. Fabby idea to keep out the riff raff.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hope to see you all in there sometime soon.

Pete

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:It can get a little fast in there sometimes , but it was good to get the rooms going again ,and chat to some new members , will have to do it more often .Cheers Graham

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I have no trouble keeping up in chat rooms as have been using them for about 3 yrs now.

But sometimes whne there are a group in there talking about things they only know about, it can be a bit like trying to understand and join in on a private joke. A chat room is for chatting to everyone, if a private chat is wanted then msn or the like is the place for that.

Also, I didnt really feel ignored or bothered, I just to point out I think it can be rude if someone, anyone, joins the chat room and the peeps already in there carry on regardless.

sarah