Guest siandsu

the motor

Guest siandsu

Hi all,

Was wondering if it would be cheaper to bring the car with us or not. It's not worth more than 6k, but not sure what charges are involved in the whole process.

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

:err:

Drop Mandy an email at Mandy@h2h.com.au - she put together an info sheet on bringing your car over (after bringing her own vehicle and going through the whole process) - am sure if you ask her nicely she'll email you a copy:D

Guest kangomik

Is it a model that is sold over here? if not then parts can be a problem. Is it likely to be slugged on luxury car tax? - you may think it isn't but the choice is not yours. If you can get good money for it in the UK thenwhat would you buy over here? All factors to look at, it is a minefield over here, especially when you don't need a road worthy certificate - equivilant to MOT,- here in SA

Guest andy1865

I was wondering the same thing so i have just emailed Mandy so thanks for the link, does anyone know if i can send car and house contents in one container to save money. Wow there is so much to sort out i'm dizzy. Andy

I was wondering the same thing so i have just emailed Mandy so thanks for the link, does anyone know if i can send car and house contents in one container to save money. Wow there is so much to sort out i'm dizzy. Andy

Hi, we got a quote for a laguna sport tourer and all our goods to get shipped and it came in at around £5500(one container). But decided to sell our car here as it would be too much hassle to take it.(and its black so its not sunshine friendly!)

Andrew

Guest andy1865
    Hi, we got a quote for a laguna sport tourer and all our goods to get shipped and it came in at around £5500(one container). But decided to sell our car here as it would be too much hassle to take it.(and its black so its not sunshine friendly!)

Andrew

Oh cheers Andy, have you now moved and settled in Adelaide, just seen your Halifax area on profile, we are near to you at liversedge.

We are just waiting for our medicals then hope to be out there this year.

Cheers, Andy

Hi Andy,

We are just about ready to go, we fly on May 1st so the countdown has begun. Just the leaving party left and then thats it.

Andrew