Riponian

Christmas in Oz?

Ok we have had two Christmas here in SA and they have been great but we have family visiting us again later this year and possibly considering getting out of the state but need some suggestions of good places to go for Christmas with two small kiddies.

Can't go inland or North as will be too hot at that time of year. Thinking poss Tasmania, KI or even New Zealand. Any special places you guys have been to that are great at Christmas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Guest kangomik

Too Hot:biglaugh:

Your in the hottest state!

I hear - but have never been - that NZ and Tas are stunning once you get there, but both involve a lot of walking and exploring, something to consider maybe with the young ones.

Let us know how it went though, which ever one you choose;)

Ok we have had two Christmas here in SA and they have been great but we have family visiting us again later this year and possibly considering getting out of the state but need some suggestions of good places to go for Christmas with two small kiddies.

Can't go inland or North as will be too hot at that time of year. Thinking poss Tasmania, KI or even New Zealand. Any special places you guys have been to that are great at Christmas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

KI is not going out of state, and the thread is titled Christmas in Oz...NZ is not Aus. So I think that leaves Tas.....:D

Guest katieb
    OK sorry should have worded it better...

Anyone have any suggestions of places to stay in Oz or overseas???

Don't you just love those unhelpful posters!

Anyway we went to New Zealand last Christmas with my Mum and Dad and little lad and they loved it, and was a bit cooler there.

We did a tour around the South Island, over Christmas itself we were in the wine growing area of Blenheim. We had Christmas Day lunch in a Winery and spent the afternoon in the pool at the hotel.

So sad to hear that Christchurch has experienced another earthquake today such a lovely place with friendly people.

Hope this helps.

K

Guest JandJ

What about Sydney? We went for Australia Day, an amazing place, can imagine it being fantastic over Christmas/New year

What about Sydney? We went for Australia Day, an amazing place, can imagine it being fantastic over Christmas/New year

Yeah thanks for planting that seed will have to see what the in laws want to do but think that's a good option not been there yet and thinking might wait for the kids to be a bit older so they can explore Tas and NZ better - no pushchair etc!

Do you mean Christmas Day? I reckon that would just be too hard to do the whole santa thing with 2 littles, however, my suggestion - Daydream Island? not been but its supposed to be fab

Do you mean Christmas Day? I reckon that would just be too hard to do the whole santa thing with 2 littles, however, my suggestion - Daydream Island? not been but its supposed to be fab

Oh my god that place looks great however with the grandparents it's not really their cup of tea and it is really expensive!!!! :eek:

Thanks for the suggestion mind, not sure if we are def going away but with them visiting us three times in just over a year we are getting a bit bored of doing things here so thinking of doing something different. :dull:

thanks

x

Guest smit

I like sydney and have been a few times, its definately good for an extended weekend, but to make the most of the time I wouldnt go xmas new year.......... oh...and I have been at new years.

How about a houseboat on the murray. different places to visit, but still your own family space to escape to and do as little or as much as you like. again not cheap, but maybe comparable to flights/accomodation/car hire somewhere interstate

Guest the umphs

Adelaidenow - you typify those annoying people who write gibberish on this site. Write to Australian Points Of View or summat, you're not funny. This person just wants some info/ideas.

NZ is beautiful, I reckon a campervan tour, despite costs is great one... The kids can watch DVDs and play games if they get bored... and you get to see unbelievable scenery.

Enjoy whatever you do...

I answered the person's question, I said go to Tasmania.

Please re-read the post and my response and tell me why I wrote gibberish....I think your post is the one that is gibberish...

If you don't like what I write, block me but youu life will miss out on the wise ones posts.

Guest Guest75
    I answered the person's question, I said go to Tasmania.

Please re-read the post and my response and tell me why I wrote gibberish....I think your post is the one that is gibberish...

If you don't like what I write, block me but youu life will miss out on the wise ones posts.

Posters can block,Mods are not allowed to.

Sometimes I wish we could.:o:o

Guest diesel tech

It's not always overly hot at Christmas, how about a camp site, most are really well kit out with a pool and loads for kids to do, don't know how old the parents are but they could always take a cabin if a tent is not there thing.

From memory it is more often than not cooler/warm on xmas day.

I cant remember a recent xmas day being uncomfortably hot.

I am open to be proved wrong.