Bringing over the campervan

capers1

Hi wondered if anyone had any experience of shipping over a vw campervan? We are debating whether its worth shipping her. Shes a t25 and 25 years old but we have looked after her and she sailed through her mot this month. Any info or suggestions would be greatly received Thanks Michelle

To be honest I wish we had brought our Riemo T4 over with us!

But we sold that to fund the move over.

It took that long we bought a T5 and did not have it long enough to bring over.

You have to have it more than a year.

When you get here there are quite a few T25s on the market but you might have to travel interstate to get the one you want.

Regarding bringing yours over there are a couple of companies I will have a look and get back later with some info.

It really is a personal choice but beware there might be extra charges once the VW is here.

Catch you later with more info.

Rob

We've converted this are selfs ,its not as plush inside as its looks on the outside and its not got aircon ,but were hoping to bring it with us ,if we don't run out of money and have to flog it.

At the time of the picture it had nothing inside which is why we were sleeping in the tent:biglaugh:

we bought it off a local garden center.I would also be very interested in any shipping info,i'm not sure if it will fit in a shipping container.

silairfeild008.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pennywise Rentals

Before you do the excercise you may want to check out requirements for Registration in South Australia as it is an expensive process and without all the info you can't make a good choice.

You can send the Department of Transport energy and infastructure an email enquiry outlining the vehicle you have and requesting information and costs involved in registering the vehicle.

Contact us - Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure (DTEI)

The vehicle must comply with ADR ( Australian Design rules)

I'd love to advise but have't done the process for many years.

I can't see that much has changed, being in the car trade and Car Rental industry for 20+ years, I haven't seen an privately imported vehicle in years. You will also need to bare in mind, that the value of your vehicle will be drastically reduced when you decide to sell it, as there will be nothing similar or very few comparison vehicles available on the market. People will be fearful with parts and repairs on the vehicle.

Good luck :)