tori0609

Wages for Bricklayers?

Hello, hoping someone can help with the average wage for a bricklayer? We are hoping to move to Adelaide at the end of this year though trying to work out wages/rent etc seems to be quite varied, any ideas on an average wage/availability of jobs there? Many thanks

Guest fatman

Hi there!! :err: Saw something similiar to this a few wks bk.... $30 per hr to start was quoted.

We are in similar situation, hoping to move over this year, hopefully late summer.

There was a post few wekks bk giving some general guidelines for living expenses, but of course this will depend on size of house, how many in family etc etc... There are posts giving you ideas on best supermarkets, where to shop etc, good general advice, very helpful.

Good luck with your move!!

Graham & Janis Price (Aberdeenshire/Scotland.... In the freezing cold!!... ROLL ON AUSTRALIA!!!!) :)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Try contacting Willow1234 as paul is a brickie here.

Perhaps he could shead some light on it for you.

The going rate is about $30 per hour. Not many bricklayers advertised mostly word of mouth stuff my son is an app brickie and his squad are always kept going. There is a guy on here who every so often advertises for brickies he is from up north of the city have a search on here for brickies and you should come up with a few threads.

Guest Mizzmp

My OH is doing his skills test as we speak in London, anybody else going through as well? I read somewhere that if he passes he will have the AQF III bricklaying as well, is that right? Hoping that will make it easier for him to find work when we finally get there.