doodles

Carpenter

Hiya,, my oh is a carpenter and has over 25 years experience,, we have been here 6 months and he has been employed by a company. He is wanting to start working for himself. Can anyone advise us on what he will need or any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone needs a quote for a job pm me,, we are in southern area,,

Guest cdchats

Self empolyeed will also need an ABN number (Australian Business Number)....would also suggest that you seek advice from an CHARTERED accountant and not a tax agent or bookeeper.

Would also need Public Liability insurance which is more costly than the UK

Will need to do a course to get builders licence. master builders do one over two weekends or one night a week for 10 weeks HIA also do the courses. After you pass the course you can apply to OCBA for your licence can take a while to get it 3-4 months all up.

Hiya,, my oh is a carpenter and has over 25 years experience,, we have been here 6 months and he has been employed by a company. He is wanting to start working for himself. Can anyone advise us on what he will need or any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone needs a quote for a job pm me,, we are in southern area,,

Will need to do a course to get builders licence. master builders do one over two weekends or one night a week for 10 weeks HIA also do the courses. After you pass the course you can apply to OCBA for your licence can take a while to get it 3-4 months all up.

Thanks a lot,,

Guest xajaNinja

Constructions workers in Australia, to be effective enough, took the white card online test to qualify for the quality of work. I guess on should research about certification to respective countries. ^_^