I must be so thick re ANMC assessment - but please help!

Guest donna888

Guest donna888

HI there

Have decided to bite the bullet and go down the 176 route (need to get arse into gear as wont qualify after July 11 changes) so have ielts to sit this saturday (aggghhhh:arghh:) So thinking ahead and want to get really organised is there anyone there that has done the ANMC skills assessment themselves that can give advise as to:

• Will i need the full or modified skills assessment?
  • Any ideas how long this will take?
  • Know anywhere that tells you a simple way of what documents i need for the skills assessment? I must be thick as look at the ANMC website and am really not clear as to what they are asking for! (and see there are hundreds of you that have done it all) MY HEAD IS WRECKED!

Any help would be most appreciated, but cant think of anything else when i should be revising for my ielts this week!!

Many many thanks for any advise

Donna

Guest Mummy Mann

Hi Donna.

I have my IELTS too this saturday eek!! I have done a bit of research re: ANMC skills assessment and found that:

I Need at least a score of 7 in all bands of IELTS for 175 visa application.

If you have a look at this website address it should give you all the info regarding the application

http://www.anmc.org.au/userfiles/file/international_docs/On-Line%20Application%20Information%20Sept%202010.pdf

Regards

Coral

Guest Mummy Mann

Thank you.

I had trouble getting the books from the library too. I tried ordering off-line but left it too late. I did get one that is really good (Cambridge IELTS 7).

There are some good websites too where you can get some sample questions and answers from. Finding the reading and writing the hardest at the moment

Coral :0)

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi all,

I too am a nurse. I 1st sat the IELTS Oct '09 and failed by 0.5 in my writing (very frustrating!!). I re-sat in August 2010 and passed (thankfully). Once you have your IELTS then you can apply for your skills assessment. For this I had to:-

- pay £36 for NMC to send details of your registration from here.

- Contact my uni to arrange to send copies of my transcript (that have to be stamped as true copies by uni and diploma certificate, which then has to be sent straight from your uni.

- Get copies of passport, ielts, birth certificate, skills assessment form (and few other bits that I cant remember now) pay to have them certified by a solicitor again as true copies.

- Pay ANMC about $400 for them to process it

- whole process can take about 8 weeks

Fortunately I recieved my positive skills assessment in January and are now applying for our state sponsorship. More paperwork for that but its pretty straight forward. This can take 6-8wks for a reply. Then you have 30 days from receipt of state sponsor to lodge your visa application.

We have used an agent (thankfully) otherwise i wouldnt have a clue where to start!!

Good luck with your IELTS its not the nicest of days but worth it!!

Hope this helps

Steph

Guest karenbonnar

I think it all depends on the requirements for you occupations skills assessment. My husbands skills assessment to the ACS did not require an IELTS test and if we get his visa application in before July he will not need to do it for the SS or visa either.

If we don't make July, looking at the proposed changes to the point system, I think he would need to do it for the visa points.

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi,

Yes it does depend on what trade/profession you are in.

I am a nurse so I had to sit the academic Ielts test. I know some tradespeople dont have to, they have to go via vetassess to get their skills recognised (I think), but some people only have to sit the general Ielts. Its the Aussie nursing board that require the academic Ielts test.

Steph

Guest Steph&Lee

Hi,

yes it does depend on your profession/trade. I think tradespeople have to get their skills recognised by vetasses (i think), As i am a nurse, i had to sit the academic Ielts test. Some skills only require the general Ielts test.

Steph